Hamilton on Top Gear today

If you think there is a violation you should report it. Just because someone else violates the rules it doesn't entitle you to violate the rules as well.

Other than that, once again: you don't need to have the last word all the time. If you have a problem contact us through PM. No need to contact us both through PM and in public. This will neither justify your actions nor make the warning go away.

Tom
Well you contacted me here and on PM so hardly my fault for answering both places.
Telling me twice on that and that i don´t need the last word is also equally unnecessary.

Well you contacted me here and on PM so hardly my fault for answering both places.
Telling me twice on that and that i don´t need the last word is also equally unnecessary.

This is an automatic PM and since you've been warned before you know that pretty well. If I'm telling you things twice it's becase you have a proven record to stir up trouble by making the same mistakes over and over again. All I'm after is helping you avoid this trouble - nothing more, nothing less.

If you have any further issues please reply to the PM, just as you did before. I assume this thread will now once again be about Lewis Hamilton & Top Gear in order to enable us to keep it open, thanks.

Tom

Right.

Basically, the track and car are piss easy, so it won't take very long for a F1 driver to go quite quick.
Yes but what does that, have to do with my comment about all the drivers in the current Top Gear list only been given ONE chance and (from my perspective) would surprise me if they improve their lap times and be much closer to Hamilton if they are given a second chance?
Sorry but I just don't see the connection. :(

Yes but what does that, have to do with my comment about all the drivers in the current Top Gear list only been given ONE chance and (from my perspective) would surprise me if they improve their lap times and be much closer to Hamilton if they are given a second chance?
Sorry but I just don't see the connection. :(

Second chance or not, unless the first time was in the wet or similar (Hamilton), a F1 driver will most likely not improve since he will have got as quick as he could first time around, since the car and track are easy.

Second chance or not, unless the first time was in the wet or similar (Hamilton), a F1 driver will most likely not improve since he will have got as quick as he could first time around, since the car and track are easy.
What makes you say that, do you have some kind of source to prove that you are correct?
Something which is a fact that that humans make mistakes and that humans have the ability to learn from their own mistakes as well as other peoples mistakes.

Because these drivers drive a F1 car, it shouldn't make them some kind of super human who can defy what I just wrote earlier. Sure, they think in a much different way then amateur drivers and their for they have tricks to make the learning curve much shorter for them compare to amateurs, but they are still humans.

What makes you say that, do you have some kind of source to prove that you are correct?
Something which is a fact that that humans make mistakes and that humans have the ability to learn from their own mistakes as well as other peoples mistakes.

Because these drivers drive a F1 car, it shouldn't make them some kind of super human who can defy what I just wrote earlier. Sure, they think in a much different way then amateur drivers and their for they have tricks to make the learning curve much shorter for them compare to amateurs, but they are still humans.
OMG you are impossible... It is NOT a superpole type lap, they get 10-15 laps and their PB gets chosen. A professional driver will be able to get his maximum out of a bloody Lacetti around the Top Gear track in such an amount of lap. I think you definitely underestimate what a pro driver can do in a short amount of time with a car.

Just to add to what Will is saying, because when the first F1 drivers did the lap, they had the system said above (multiple laps, PB etc), it means all F1 drivers now have the same conditions although in the Star In a Reasonably Priced Car, the rules were changed a few years ago where drivers have 5 practice laps and then a superpole lap.

Just incase anyone was confused.

OMG you are impossible... It is NOT a superpole type lap, they get 10-15 laps and their PB gets chosen. A professional driver will be able to get his maximum out of a bloody Lacetti around the Top Gear track in such an amount of lap. I think you definitely underestimate what a pro driver can do in a short amount of time with a car.
I know it isn't Super pole, they have said it multiple times in the show....
Plus you are sitting here talking from a damn theory of yours that I do not agree with and in which I have my reasons and have been made pretty clear...

And no, I am not impossible, you just can't accept the fact that I have a different opinion from yours.

Edit: I just read Brandley's post because it didn't show up while I was writing this.

Another thing that adds to what William said is The Stig.

He´s done thousands of laps around that place. F1 driver comes in, gets 5 laps(or whatever it is) and beats the time and the Stig is baffled at how he just did that.

There´s a reason why they are in F1, they are the fastest open wheel drivers on the planet.
A track that looks more like a autocross circuit is not that hard to learn compared to Monaco, SPA, Suzuka etc etc.
much shorter track as well.

For the Sake of Other Members Please Stop Making this.
I want to open a thread about this topic but decided not to. Because of this kind of Battles will rage up.
And all the things go back to past which wasn't needed.
They all start the season with Zero so why can't we.
Whenever a thread is opened about LH, I think it gets more negative attention than any other driver. I don't think I've witnessed apparent LH fans abusing other drivers (apart from Button) as much as non-LH fans abuse any article about him.

I think the hatred for LH has nothing to do with his ability or inability to drive. I personally see little difference between perfomers at his level. They have the will to win, the killer instinct which sometimes is referred to as diva (metrosexual language).

If you don't want threads to descend into virtaul pugilism, I would suggest not posting about LH or JB. Between them they court the most negative reactions followed closely by SV.

This is not unique to this forum, the whole world seems to have a reaction (good or bad to LH). He is box office which is why the BBC embellish any simple story about about him when they should actually be non-stories.

EDIT: Only just seen the post about reverting to the correct topic.

Another thing that adds to what William said is The Stig.

He´s done thousands of laps around that place. F1 driver comes in, gets 5 laps(or whatever it is) and beats the time and the Stig is baffled at how he just did that.

There´s a reason why they are in F1, they are the fastest open wheel drivers on the planet.
A track that looks more like a autocross circuit is not that hard to learn compared to Monaco, SPA, Suzuka etc etc.
much shorter track as well.
Just a final thing, I never said that the track was easy or hard. I don't think I even phrased myself thinking something like that.
I just pointed out the 2 obvious things about human nature, humans are not perfect and humans make mistakes and what I try to say is that no one is perfect on their first go so by giving these drivers a second chance they can do better.

It doesn't matter if the track is Monaco, or if it is an oval, their is always a room for improvement and as I said on my first post in this topic, "I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the listed drivers improving their lap times and being closer to Ham".

I think now we both understand each others reasons for our disagreement and I believe their isn't a need to continue this discussion.

Just a final thing, I never said that the track was easy or hard. I don't think I even phrased myself thinking something like that.
I just pointed out the 2 obvious things about human nature, humans are not perfect and humans make mistakes and what I try to say is that no one is perfect on their first go so by giving these drivers a second chance they can do better.

It doesn't matter if the track is Monaco, or if it is an oval, their is always a room for improvement and as I said on my first post in this topic, "I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the listed drivers improving their lap times and being closer to Ham".

I think now we both understand each others reasons for our disagreement and I believe their isn't a need to continue this discussion.
What you don't get is that Vettel isn't only a couple of tenths slower than Hamilton, but 1.1 second, which is massive. He did his lap in the dry as did Hamilton almost 5 years after his first try in the wet. Vettel won't find 1.1 second.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back