Hamas and Israel at war.

Thats a great picture Tom. I think it also holds one truth and that is that there need to be two seperate states.

How do the Palestine people want to accomplish that I always wonder with Gaza and the Westbank being so far apart from each other seperated by Israel.

Or is the westbank supposted to go to Jordan again?

Now that´s modern brainwashing lol.

as far as the picture goes, it shows two sides. Yes it´s great to see two people from different religions being buddies but it also shows the very reason we have this problem in the first place.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

[Not] Your quote from Weinberg is over-simplified. It goes beyond it's wording.

Just a few thought. First, you cannot blame religions in particular. Second, who determines what makes a person good or bad? The term morality for example originates from french. It has a neutral meaning, it is objective and impartial. Its content is created through human beings, groups. Which means, in no way objective, but highly subjective. Third, people have a tendency to commit atrocities, especially within diverse groups and for uncountable different reasons. It doesn't matter if a group is "relgious" or not. Fourth, it doesn't help when one group inherently defines what is good, bad or evil and expels another group by sharp definition.

Read about the "Rashomon Effect" or watch the movie of Kurosawa ( Rashomon) to get an visual idea of it. It may also help you to get an simple idea of conflicts like this topic is all about. Also, there is more to it than Palestine and Israel.
:)

Oh dear...it´s happened again...

How about we do this, you write down every single book you have written then email me that list so next time you want to recommend a book you don´t have to because i already have gotten the tip.

You´ll save some energy by typing less letters and i don´t have to read it every time you make a post.

Religion is the cause of this no matter what book you read unfortunately. Religion is the main cause behind the constant wars and the fact that the nations are still walking around with sticks and stones.

[...] Religion is the main cause behind the constant wars and the fact that the nations are still walking around with sticks and stones.

You are wrong, the main cause for atrocities are groups misusing cultural achievements for their very own good, subjective purposes. The term group applies to the smallest pressure groups to political parties and beyond. The "modern extremist" in the media, who says he is fighting in the name of the almighty, is a simple example of somebody who is clearly misusing religion for his own cause. Sad enough, the general media doesn't underline the latter, but generalizes and stigmatizes a large (religious) group instead. Also the terrorist is doing his share for the stigmatization. Yes, the daily media and talk can make it sound like a cultural achievement is the cause, but it's not! Cultural achievements, just like (but not restricted to) religion, are plain vehicles for ideas and opinions which get adjusted in the course of history through ethical agreements.

But enough of that, I am not here to share sentiments. I was under the impression that this is a topic about politics and current events and I was looking for at least a bit of an objective discussion. Once more I failed and see myself confronted with nonobjective talk. Instead of approaching me and my style of writing, you could have come up with an valid argument to back up the quote of Mr. Weinberg. Too bad Hampus ...

:(

The "modern extremist" in the media, who says he is fighting in the name of the almighty, is a simple example of somebody who is clearly misusing religion for his own cause.
No he´s not misusing it because he´s not conscious of the actual reality but instead believes in fairy tales and have been brainwashed so severely that his mind has completely removed things like logic and rationality which allows this person to blow himself up because he truly thinks he´s doing the work of "god".

Basically you have brainwashed people brainwashing other people, one viscous circle.

Religion is as i said, an insult to humanity regardless if it´s the calm quiet lady next door or the Jihad psycho sitting in a mountain somewhere.

It´s also extremely dangerous to have 70% of 7 billion to believe in this that does not exist.
Maybe you are ok with that, i´m not and i´m glad i live in a country where religion is virtually non-existent.

The only reason religion still exists is because people make money on it.
Had nobody made a single dime on religion we would call it urban legends or myths.

It´s also extremely dangerous to have 70% of 7 billion to believe in this that does not exist.

Stop it, right now. You have to understand that everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want, this is not an advice but what I want you to do. If someone wants to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, fine by me.

Nobody has the right to mock someone else because of their religion or claim they believe in something that doesn't exist. That's why it's called "believing" instead of "knowing".

I don't believe in God / Allah / Jahwe / the Flying Spaghetti Monster either but I can accept that others do.

Tom

I guess we have different views. I´d rather not live on a planet that has been mis-led for over 2000 years.
Maybe you do.

I can accept that other people live their lives the way they like. So should you. Calling such people backwards is mocking them. For the last time: stop it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back