haha oops

Well that didn't go as I thought it should... hehehe I took a break from iracing and my wheel to try to let my hand heal up a bit more. I got brave enough to run a bit last night and then I actually got in a skippy race. Yeah, ummm I shouldn't have done that but I did... I lost .31 for a couple of spins as the first one just about ripped my hand off due to my not thinking about forcefeedback... lol... Second spin I think my brain told my hands to let go of the wheel as I started to spin and my eyes didn't get the message... :wink: It's a bit sore today but I plan on trying at least a bit of practice tonight, so if you are online hop in there with me and let the demolition derby begin, I mean top notch racing begin... hehe

Hope everyone has been doing well and life is granting the blessings you wish for
Joe

Aha :)
That car is for the future for me. First things first :) Relearn the Legends and start some Ovals again, and currently switching between Mazda and Skippy.

Hey, I am new here :) only have iRacing for a few weeks now (around 150 weeks or so).

Yeah the race that I was in and messed up was the skippy, the time I had listed was from last night running with William in the vette fixed series. I think the fastest I've been able to run the skippy at LS is a 1:40ish nothing lower than that.

I guess I just don't understand how they are physically getting these times?????? Perhaps one day it will hit me but it seems that I hit the apex just right, i've tried slowing down early and getting out faster, and viseversa to no avail. I'll be happy to see this new tire model come out and do what its saying it will do. I realize this car has more of a driving style of the old f1 cars but these races that turn out to be more of a drifting battle for the lead isn't going to break my heart to see them go.

The other thing that bothers me is the unbelievable downshifting speed and holy @$!@% late braking it takes to stay in the front of the pack. That doesn't work in real life... lol.... Show me a replay of any F1 car that goes from 7th to 1st gear in the matter of a 1000th of a second. It doens't happen for a good reason, the engine/trans can't take it... Watching the replays of the actual F1 series will show what really happens. I think the fastest I've seen a downshift was at this past Monaco from Alonso and it was nowhere near the speed that I have seen on iRacing.

iRacing is still the best I have seen, so don't take that as bashing. Just saying.

Ok William I think I'm somewhat getting back into the Vette a bit without killing my hand. I was able to knock my time down to a 1:37.1 but I think T1 is still my time killer... lol...

This is at Silverstone for those that didn't know.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%