H shifter and manual clutch vs paddles and autoclutch

Matej Lakota

Sriple Tix
It seems no one at official forum has no clue about my question, so I would like to ask it also here:

"Hi.
Maybe it has been answered yet, but Google didn t help me. I would like to know does Automobilista force paddle shifting with autoblip and auto clutch to be slower than manually shifting with manual clutch on manual/vintage vehicles for fairness on upcoming Reiza servers with online ranking system?
Thanks."

I know everyone doesn t have clutch pedal or H shifter, I am just asking is it implemented as it is in Assetto Corsa or iRacing where it works really fine?

It seems no one at official forum has no clue about my question, so I would like to ask it also here:

"Hi.
Maybe it has been answered yet, but Google didn t help me. I would like to know does Automobilista force paddle shifting with autoblip and auto clutch to be slower than manually shifting with manual clutch on manual/vintage vehicles for fairness on upcoming Reiza servers with online ranking system?
Thanks."

I know everyone doesn t have clutch pedal or H shifter, I am just asking is it implemented as it is in Assetto Corsa or iRacing where it works really fine?

They don't need to because the drive line is properly simulated (unlike rF2). Online racing admins can determine which aids (like auto-blip and auto clutch) are allowed. If the aids are not allowed, you literally can't drive a manual shift car without the proper controls. It's up to the league or server admin to decode whether they want that.

Thanks Marc, that s a bit closer to what I would like to know. Reiza really did perfect job about this question, sadly it is almost useless (except offline which I don t drive), because usually servers with vintage cars allow all sort of aids.

Thanks Marc, that s a bit closer to what I would like to know. Reiza really did perfect job about this question, sadly it is almost useless (except offline which I don t drive), because usually servers with vintage cars allow all sort of aids.

It's more to allow people with substandard controllers to join than any cheating intention. Not everyone has a proper three pedal set...some don't even have wheels!

I would argue, that if the drive train is simulated correctly/well, then you're gonna miss gears if you don't take extra care (time). You are therefore at a disadvantage against drivers using aids like auto clutch, auto blip, etc. There's nothing to stop a driver who owns a 3 pedal/H shifter setup, from running these aids because it's quicker. To me, that's an unfair advantage and I personally feel it should be penalised in multiplayer. There will, of course, be people who disagree... but there ya go. :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%