H-Shift Only?

Shovas

Premium
Do all the cars use H-Shift if that's what you have setup? Or can a Logitech G27 use paddles for the cars that have them and H-Shift for the others?

@Jay Ekkel Here's a more accurate description of this issue, maybe you guys aren't aware of it?

It's great that paddles and h-shift work no matter what mode you're in but there's slight problems when using the other one for the mode you're currently in:

1. H-Shift off: Paddles work perfect but H-Shift requires some kind of timing with the clutch that is not there with H-Shift On. I thought the timing was trying to make me disciplined so I stuck it out for a while but there are some shifts that I'm missing that I shouldn't be. I have a tonne of experience with h-shift in sims and in real-life so I think something's up.

2. H-Shift On: H-Shift works perfect but paddles either don't do anything or go up or down one gear and then don't do anything.

It's a little annoying having to go into the menu each time to change the option. It would be nice if it just worked either way depending on what car you're in.

Thanks

Every time you change the default one it creates automatically a new custom made.
I have 3, paddles/sequential/H-Shifter.
Usually I copy mine to outside the game, rename it and drop it back. Saves me some button remapping.

Why create whole separate profiles? I just get in the car and then go to the controls menu and toggle h-shift?

choice is one reason i have the same as peter 3 base profiles and then a couple of extra ones for certain cars where i want a specific ffb feel aswell , g5 cars , touring classics , protos and its just as fast as clicking the hshift button really just a couple of clicks to load the profile .

Andi

Ahh im so glad I found this post. I thought my G27 was broken or something. I guess its as designed. But automatically switching this option as per the car specs would be a bit more realistic. No? Either way sorry to bring this back from the dead. I was getting a little frustrated when I couldnt figure the problem..

Ahh im so glad I found this post. I thought my G27 was broken or something. I guess its as designed. But automatically switching this option as per the car specs would be a bit more realistic. No? Either way sorry to bring this back from the dead. I was getting a little frustrated when I couldnt figure the problem..

I think it is obvious, if the real car has a gear stick then this is how we should run that car.....at least in "GET REAL" mode.

Sorry about the english

but not everyone has a sequential + paddle shifts + h-shifter and how real do you want it , because ive never seen a sequential shifter on the market with the select neutral/reverse strapped to it like in aussie v8s wtcc etc ... its complex , i still think having a ew profiles is the best solution all round

Andi

but not everyone has a sequential + paddle shifts + h-shifter and how real do you want it , because ive never seen a sequential shifter on the market with the select neutral/reverse strapped to it like in aussie v8s wtcc etc ... its complex , i still think having a ew profiles is the best solution all round

Andi

I'm basing this off of how assetto corsa does it. It gives you the option to choose which wheel setup you have. And then each car is setup accordingly. For Instance you can't drive a e30 m3 with paddle shift and you can't drive a Ferrari 458 with a h shifter

Yes its complex, but for me is sequential and paddle shifts almost the same thing its about + or -, gear up or down, that is not the case with the h-shifter. For me the best solution is a car individual.

From another post:
"- Wheel Range in Car Setup. The game now automatically detects and sets the ideal wheel range for a car based on your wheel and its settings in the driver. This can also be manually changed in car setup."

The next obvious step for Car Setup is car individual settings for stick or paddles. The default setting for each car should be as the real car is equipped.

Sequential/paddle or h-shifter

Regarding this shifter story, I've created 3 profiles for my wheel: wheel + manual shifter, wheel + paddles and wheel + sequential shifter.
All is fine, very easy to load one profile according to the car driven but it will be a 'nice to have' if we could save also the manual or automatic clutch in these profiles.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back