1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

H-Shift Only?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Shovas, May 24, 2014.

1. Do all the cars use H-Shift if that's what you have setup? Or can a Logitech G27 use paddles for the cars that have them and H-Shift for the others?

2. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium Member

You can use both with the G27.

3. How do I set it up? I have Shift Up and Shift Down set to my paddles but they don't work, only the stick shift works.

4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

That's odd, not having that issue with my G27? perhaps you could try to unbind the control mapping for the gears 1 through 6?

5. You should make 2 controlsets , one with and one without H-shifter enabled in the menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Two control sets? That's what I was afraid of. So R3E isn't smart enough to differentiate them by itself. That seems basic. I love SimBin and would actually prefer their sims to anything else but they have a long way to go here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

It's not that big a deal?

8. I have different settings for different cars, so it's actually good for me.

9. I don't see the need to create two control sets for this issue, to change from H-Pattern to paddles, all you have to do is go to the control menu and select H-Pattern if you want to use an H-pattern shifter. That being said, Simbin doesn't force you to use either type of shifter based on the car. You can start a race and use whichever shifter you want and it will automatically switch to that type of shifter assuming you have already mapped your shifter buttons correctly on the paddles and H-Pattern. You can even switch between paddles and H-Pattern in the middle of race after using either type of shifter. Its actually a feature that I like very much compared to most other sims that force you to use the shifter type of the actual car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I would love this, and I have my buttons mapped correctly as far as I can tell, but it doesn't work?

11. Does for me. What are you trying to do?

12. This turned out to be H-Shift (hold button to shift) enabled messing with paddle shift cars. Disabled H-Shift resulted in paddle shifting working properly.

Unfortunately, when I switch back to an H-Shift car shifting is quite flaky without having H-Shift enabled. It misses shifts somehow. When I have H-Shift enabled I never have that problem.

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

h shifting and having auto clutch disabled means you need to get it right , that and a few mistakes in get real means you have damage etc , so its about practice as such

Andi

14. Really? It's about timing without 'hold button to shift'? I wish I had a better feel for shifting in R3E. In iRacing I'm quite a good manual shifter, but I'm not getting the feedback I need to get it right in R3E if that's the case. I thought it was maybe my G27 shifter not reporting the shift correctly sometimes.

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

it might be that also

Andi

16. I just spent a session trying to figure out H-Shift cars without having H-Shift enabled. It works but it's not catching my G27's 'button press' when I slide the shift into gear. I guess the 'press' is too quick to notice sometimes or not at the right time. Having H-Shift enabled holds the button permanently so I guess that allows the game to catch it during the duration the clutch is pressed in.

Does anyone run H-Shift cars without H-Shift enabled? I found that very frustrating. I drive a manual in real life and it didn't seem like the game was doing the right thing.

17. I guess it's not too difficult to just change the options each time I use a new car.

18. I'm using 3 profiles: manual, seq shifter and paddles.
    very easy to switch in this case from one to another before starting a race.
    But one question: where is described the technical data about car we drive? I mean I don't know if the Audi 90 uses a sequential shifter or manual gear? Thanks.

19. H-pattern gearshift

330px-Audi90IMSACockpit.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  20. Same issue. I usually have to get into the car and if I see paddle shifters I switch to that, otherwise h-shift.