• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Skins Gulf Racing Porsche GT3 R 2016

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by OzBoz, May 27, 2017.

1. OzBoz

OzBoz

Ratings:
    +51
    Hey guys,

I'm working on a skin and pretty much finished. It's a Gulf Racing one which ain't very original but I love it. They race the RSR these days but since that's a pretty different one than the 2017 one in the Porsche pack I chose the GT3 R 2016 to texture.

I don't like all those clean skins so I'm now working on some default dirt and in addition there will be a more realistic dirt map on top of it (depends how much you drive off-road). Don't want it to be overdone for the default dirt, the dirt map will be pretty dirty so as the reference images I use. Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_zandvoort_27-5-117-15-2-21.jpg Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_zandvoort_27-5-117-14-58-10.jpg Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_zandvoort_27-5-117-14-55-3.jpg

I really changed a lot in this one and also put a lot of work in the way materials look. Also I created custom Dunlop tires and some custom carbon for the few places this livery has carbon. My first attempt to skin using all kinds of layers I could use and look forward to suggestions.

To do:

- Custom dirt map for off road
    - Driver names on roof (above door)
    - Add a few scratches by default.

• Like Like x 3