[Guide] How to make an AI Mod

kristiann. What's the deal with AI during qualifying? When I fast forward time, the laptimes are good, around my pace. But when I'm on track and an AI car as well, the AI car suddenly goes almost 1,5 seconds quicker than when I'm accelerating time. For example, Schumacher was doing 1:24.0 but when I was on track and he as well, he suddenly does 1:22.6. And when I accelerate time again, nobody is able to do 1:22.6

Any ideas where this is coming from?

kristiann. What's the deal with AI during qualifying? When I fast forward time, the laptimes are good, around my pace. But when I'm on track and an AI car as well, the AI car suddenly goes almost 1,5 seconds quicker than when I'm accelerating time. For example, Schumacher was doing 1:24.0 but when I was on track and he as well, he suddenly does 1:22.6. And when I accelerate time again, nobody is able to do 1:22.6

Any ideas where this is coming from?

Out Of Sight bug probably

hmmm. I was using original AI files and then i did the out of sight fix in ai-handling by using your ai handling file in from your mod. For me doing this CREATED the issue of real vs acclerated lap times such as timberr experienced. Or am i doing something wrong? Or is the fact i do long weekends contributing to this I wonder?

hmmm. I was using original AI files and then i did the out of sight fix in ai-handling by using your ai handling file in from your mod. For me doing this CREATED the issue of real vs acclerated lap times such as timberr experienced. Or am i doing something wrong? Or is the fact i do long weekends contributing to this I wonder?

Well if you didn't have an out of sight bug, why did you change anything? The real vs accelerated lap times is just because of the out of sight bug. When you're on track, the cars which are out of sight go faster/slower than normal. Accelerated lap times are the real ones usually. If you didn't have any difference then you probably didn't have an out of sight bug. Or you just don't know how to test it.

Well if you didn't have an out of sight bug, why did you change anything? The real vs accelerated lap times is just because of the out of sight bug. When you're on track, the cars which are out of sight go faster/slower than normal. Accelerated lap times are the real ones usually. If you didn't have any difference then you probably didn't have an out of sight bug. Or you just don't know how to test it.

I was under the impression that the game with original files patched to 1.2 had the out of sight bug thats why i changed it. After the change I found in real time they were slower and much more spread out time wise than in accelerated time. With the original CM files i didnt have this issue. are you suggesting i dont have the bug?

I was under the impression that the game with original files patched to 1.2 had the out of sight bug thats why i changed it. After the change I found in real time they were slower and much more spread out time wise than in accelerated time. With the original CM files i didnt have this issue. are you suggesting i dont have the bug?

Well I don't know how this created your bug then..

Kristiann, i've installed you're mod v2.3 with Mr.Pibbs 2012 season and your special database for this mod
"Database for Mr Pibb's 2012 Mod"
i want to make some adjustments but can't find Kimi Raikkonen, Roman Grosjean... in Ryders Editor

Thanks!

Kristiann, i've installed you're mod v2.3 with Mr.Pibbs 2012 season and your special database for this mod
i want to make some adjustments but can't find Kimi Raikkonen, Roman Grosjean... in Ryders Editor

Thanks!
Well you can't find them the names are changed in language file not in database
the Lotus F1 Drivers Nick heidfeld and Vitaly Petrov are changed in to Kimi Raikkonen and Romain grosjeanin the language file so you can't find them in database
So if you changed Values of NH and VP in database it effects for the names of Kimi and Romain

Thanks!

Well, I think you already got answered. If you didn't understand anything, ask again. :D

1. How to make AI at Legend level a little bit slower ? (Pro difficulty is very easy for me, but Legeng is too hard =) )
i changed <trTrackCurveOfflineRatio float="1.0" /> to 0.6 but i don;t see much effect

2. When i made this changes (plus adjust Kimi speed up to 1 in all positions like Jenson has and changed Tiers a little) i've got unnormal results in qualify, well, they are normal as i espected, but someone everytime will show a super time in a lap,
Example:
1. Webber - 1:20.xxx
2. Hamilton - 1:23.xxx
17.. xxxxxx - 1:25.xxx
19. someone from HRT, Virgin or Lotus 1:25.xxx aswell
than 1.27.xxx (all other drivers from HRT, Virgin and Lotus)

I want to say, that 2-3 drivers every time showing time 2 seconds faster than they should

Thank you.

kristiann. I've installed your AI files, but the out of sight bug is still there. I don't know how to fix it now, but it's real annoying to play career mode when you suddenley see Jean-Eric Vergne grab pole, because he was on track with me and set a superfast time which nobody can beat because of out of sight bug :(

@Dimastiy. It's the out of sight bug, I've got problems with it as well, even after installing kristianns AI files.

kristiann. I've installed your AI files, but the out of sight bug is still there. I don't know how to fix it now, but it's real annoying to play career mode when you suddenley see Jean-Eric Vergne grab pole, because he was on track with me and set a superfast time which nobody can beat because of out of sight bug :(

@Dimastiy. It's the out of sight bug, I've got problems with it as well, even after installing kristianns AI files.

I don't know why but sometimes a mid-fielder makes a super-fast lap and gets on pole. It happened to me even with the original game. And the lap time is just enormously fast. For example if it's Melbourne, everyone else will do a 1.22.8 and let's say Sutil will turn up and put a 1.22.0 or something like this... I don't know why is this happening. It only happens with mid-field teams. It's not the out of sight bug.

1. How to make AI at Legend level a little bit slower ? (Pro difficulty is very easy for me, but Legeng is too hard =) )
i changed <trTrackCurveOfflineRatio float="1.0" /> to 0.6 but i don;t see much effect

2. When i made this changes (plus adjust Kimi speed up to 1 in all positions like Jenson has and changed Tiers a little) i've got unnormal results in qualify, well, they are normal as i espected, but someone everytime will show a super time in a lap,
Example:
1. Webber - 1:20.xxx
2. Hamilton - 1:23.xxx
17.. xxxxxx - 1:25.xxx
19. someone from HRT, Virgin or Lotus 1:25.xxx aswell
than 1.27.xxx (all other drivers from HRT, Virgin and Lotus)

I want to say, that 2-3 drivers every time showing time 2 seconds faster than they should

Thank you.

Well that's strange. In my game I usually get only mid-fielders to do such laps. Maybe it's because of the tiers or I don't know.. But 2 seconds from the out of sight bug... We're in the How to make an AI Mod threat by the way??

No. All of this is in the savegame's data. It's encrypted and it's not modifiable. I hate this tier swapping but.. CM thought it's gonna be good.. :)
@kristiannn so I do have to start a new career to make all my changes in database work!? Everytime? Because I just recognized massa is still going to fast after 6 full race weekends and wanted to "fix" that;) many thanks btw

@kristiannn I hope it has not been posted yet.. I have got a significant difference between ai qualy times and ai fastest lap in race, e.g. Melbourne: Pole Hamilton 1:21:3xx (my level using personal setup), fastest lap in race Hamilton 1:19:4xx. Is this difference only attributed to much better grip level on sundays?? I do not want to change virtual performances and speed in/out and stuff again because qualy lap times fit to me. I hope you supernaturally gifted guy could give me a counsel :D. However, it would be nice if this difference is modifiable.:unsure:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%