[Guide] How to make an AI Mod

I see, can you tell me which value to edit, to change driver performances then? Would greatly appreciate it :)

ai_driver tab.

You can see a lot of things there. Aggression, Mechanical Failures, Speed_In, Speed_Out, Virtual Performance.

All of these have a maximum value of "1.0". Making it over 1.0 will result in the game reading it as "1.0".

I don't think I should explain everything around this tab as it's pretty clear.

Speed in/out/virtual performance/wet weather ability..

Please, read everything first. :/

Thanks, final question for now. Can you add more teams to one tier than the game has by default? For example, tier 1 has three teams (Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren). Can you add a fourth or even five teams to that tier? Or do all the tiers have to have the same number of teams that it has by default?

Cause I have Toro Rosso and Williams in tier 4, and they are too slow compared to Force India and Sauber in tier 3

Thanks, final question for now. Can you add more teams to one tier than the game has by default? For example, tier 1 has three teams (Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren). Can you add a fourth or even five teams to that tier? Or do all the tiers have to have the same number of teams that it has by default?

Cause I have Toro Rosso and Williams in tier 4, and they are too slow compared to Force India and Sauber in tier 3

You can have as many teams as you want in a tier. And you can just touch a little the tier characteristics to close tiers 3 and 4.

Yes, when you're with Patch 1.2 you have to use the old flow.bin. You can find it in any AI Mod. Mine, Kartik's, Ace's.. It's in the system folder.
Thanks for that.

But I have another problem:
I changed the values for AI retirements in the database (canned_events_team_modifires) by putting values from -0,1 to -0,3 for the upper teams there. It was just Liuzzi that DNF, so I thought everything went fine.
I'm now doing another 50% race including racing myself but I'm now in lap 9 and already having 5 retirements (Massa, Webber, Rosberg, Schumi and Button). They all retired at almost the same time. I didn't limit the amount of retirements yet.

I also changed the tire performance a little bit, the SC chance, the pit stop times and the chance for AI_mistakes for each driver in the database, but I don't think this interacts with the retirements I'm experiencing.

Is ther anything I forgot to change? I mainly just want to fix the AI-retirement bug because it's annoying that all the guys I'm fighting with suddenly dissappear and I'm driving alone for almost the whole race...

HRTs are running in 8th and 13th, although they are in tire 5 with 0,35 -.-

Thanks for that.

But I have another problem:
I changed the values for AI retirements in the database (canned_events_team_modifires) by putting values from -0,1 to -0,3 for the upper teams there. It was just Liuzzi that DNF, so I thought everything went fine.
I'm now doing another 50% race including racing myself but I'm now in lap 9 and already having 5 retirements (Massa, Webber, Rosberg, Schumi and Button). They all retired at almost the same time. I didn't limit the amount of retirements yet.

I also changed the tire performance a little bit, the SC chance, the pit stop times and the chance for AI_mistakes for each driver in the database, but I don't think this interacts with the retirements I'm experiencing.

Is ther anything I forgot to change? I mainly just want to fix the AI-retirement bug because it's annoying that all the guys I'm fighting with suddenly dissappear and I'm driving alone for almost the whole race...

Also HRTs are running in 8th and 13th -.-

You're not forgetting. There's a chance, they just got "unlucky". You have to limit the technical retirements.

For the HRT's, you've changed something. Probably Tiers?

ok i'll try that tomorrow and limit the retirements. I hope it really was bad luck :D

I only changed tire 5 performance value to 0,35 like in your mod.
It could have something to do with my autosave, but wouldn't then be the whole grid updide down. I'm just at the start of my secound season. In my first season I finished 4th in constructures with Williams, that means they moved one tire up and Torro Rosso one tire down (beacuse they were the lowest tire 3 team after the 1st season).

The standings after my first season: 4.Williams, 5.MGP, 6.Lotus, 7. Sauber, 8. Torro Rosso, 9. Force India, 10. HRT, 11. Virgin, 12. Lotus

I don't think FI swapped tires with HRT, or did they?

ok i'll try that tomorrow and limit the retirements. I hope it really was bad luck :D

I only changed tire 5 performance value to 0,35 like in your mod.
It could have something to do with my autosave, but wouldn't then be the whole grid updide down. I'm just at the start of my secound season. In my first season I finished 4th in constructures with Williams, that means they moved one tire up and Torro Rosso one tire down (beacuse they were the lowest tire 3 team after the 1st season).

The standings after my first season: 4.Williams, 5.MGP, 6.Lotus, 7. Sauber, 8. Torro Rosso, 9. Force India, 10. HRT, 11. Virgin, 12. Lotus

I don't think FI swapped tires with HRT, or did they?

Oh, yes. They swapped tiers. Then it's normal. :D

Ok :D

Always thought tire changes only effects the team I'm driving for. So this means after every season the best positioned team in the lower tire swapps tires with the worst positioned team in the higher tire?

• Deleted member 113561

@kristiannn: Where can i make the distance between cars during SC smaller or like 0 ?????... cause in real FOrmula 1 you can move free during SC .... further there is a penalty System (if you overtake during SC you get a penalty)

You're not forgetting. There's a chance, they just got "unlucky". You have to limit the technical retirements.
It seems like it is not just bad luck.
I did another three 50% races up to lap 10 in Melbourne and still it's the top guys that DNF. I now limited the amount of technical retirements so up to now there was only one DNF, but this DNF was Webber in the 1st and Schumi in the 2nd and 3rd race.

Maybe I should up the values in the canned_events_team_modifier. When I put -1 it means, that the chance to get a failure is 0?

Another questing: When I put for example 1 at "brake_late" it means that the team has a 100% chance to outbrake themselves during a race and the ammount of late brakings is limited in the ai_choreographer file?

It seems like it is not just bad luck.
I did another three 50% races up to lap 10 in Melbourne and still it's the top guys that DNF. I now limited the amount of technical retirements so up to now there was only one DNF, but this DNF was Webber in the 1st and Schumi in the 2nd and 3rd race.

Maybe I should up the values in the canned_events_team_modifier. When I put -1 it means, that the chance to get a failure is 0?

Another questing: When I put for example 1 at "brake_late" it means that the team has a 100% chance to outbrake themselves during a race and the ammount of late brakings is limited in the ai_choreographer file?

Well, I don't know, I don't remember. Just check.

• Deleted member 113561

@kristiannn
Im really sry i overread it :(

But still I CANT FIND HOW TO CHANGE DISTANCE FROM CAR TO CAR DURING SAFETY CAR! (not sc -car )(i mean ai to ai and ai to car)

@kristiannn
Im really sry i overread it :(

But still I CANT FIND HOW TO CHANGE DISTANCE FROM CAR TO CAR DURING SAFETY CAR! (not sc -car )(i mean ai to ai and ai to car)

ok, ok.. No caps lock needed.. Try with this that I thought is only for the SC.. I know there is a way, but I can't see it now.. Maybe this is for car-to-car too... Just try.. Lower it from 0.5 to 0.1 or if it's 0.2 make it to 0.9 .. and you'll see the difference... :D

Seems that I solved my problem. Just needs a little more fine tuning.
Thanks mate, you helped me alot :D

:)

• Deleted member 113561

I set it to 0.00 and there is no noticable difference :(((
Perhaps it is possible to turn off the AUTOMATIC BRAKE

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline