[Guide] How to make an AI Mod

@kristiannn Nice guide! :)

I think what David Kaye and I learned about the "offsetMergeFactor" values from F1 2010 is how fast the AI moves back to the racing line if it is not on it before a corner. So like you said, the AI seems more stressed with a higher value, this is because the AI does a super hard and abrupt turn towards the racing line and then has to level out their car to avoid a spin out. At least that's what I remember.

btw, I don't see the point of your poll, of course this is helpful ;)

@kristiannn Nice guide! :)

I think what David Kaye and I learned about the "offsetMergeFactor" values from F1 2010 is how fast the AI moves back to the racing line if it is not on it before a corner. So like you said, the AI seems more stressed with a higher value, this is because the AI does a super hard and abrupt turn towards the racing line and then has to level out their car to avoid a spin out. At least that's what I remember.

btw, I don't see the point of your poll, of course this is helpful ;)

I'm very happy you like it. Your opinion means a lot to me as I used your mods before and I couldn't complain anything.

As for the poll, I'm just wondering how many times I'll get "no" and I wanna see them compared to the "yes". And + that, you as a modder know very well that the best feeling is when you do something and everyone appreciates it. As I don't get it that often, I want to satisfy myself with the numbers above! hahaha :D

First of all thank you for this great guid, but I have a few questions:

-Where can I change the AI retirements?
Is in it the "canned_events_team_modifers" tab? How do I limit the amount of retirements per race?
- Where in the datebase can i change the SC speed?

First of all thank you for this great guid, but I have a few questions:

-Where can I change the AI retirements?
Is in it the "canned_events_team_modifers" tab? How do I limit the amount of retirements per race?
- Where in the datebase can i change the SC speed?

For the retirements - it's in ai_choreographer. But this is only for technical retirements.

<trigger name="Tyre Failure Trigger" type="tyre_failure" event_to_trigger="Tyre Failure Event" priority="0" test_type="distance" max_events_per_session="1" max_events_per_vehicle="2" repeats_after_flashback="true" test_value="250" test_probability="0.01" trigger_seperation="2000.0" trigger_activation="5000.0" trigger_deactivation="350000" wear_maximum="1.0" wear_escalation_point="0.9" />

This is what limits it.

For the SC speed, I've written it in the main post. First post, somewhere in the first half.

ok, thanks alot

/E: another question :D

For the Out of Sight Bug do i Just copy your stuff (in the quote) in the ai_handling_config or where do I have to put it?

<handling_type name="vlow">
<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.20" />
</handling_type>
<handling_type name="low">
<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.25" />
</handling_type>
<handling_type name="mid">
<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.15" />
</handling_type>
<handling_type name="high">
<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.50" />
</handling_type>
<handling_type name="vhigh">
<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.35" />
</handling_type>

kristiannn, which specific values to edit to make some teams/drivers quicker and some slower? Because I want to make Ferrari slower and Lotus and Mercedes quicker.

kristiannn, which specific values to edit to make some teams/drivers quicker and some slower? Because I want to make Ferrari slower and Lotus and Mercedes quicker.

f1teams tab.

You can balance the team's performance from here. There are 2 ways to do it:
1) Change their tier.
2) Change their virtual performance.

The easiest thing to do is to make Ferrari Tier 2 and Lotus and Mercedes - Tier 1. :) There are other ways too, but this is the best one if you're making a 2012 season. :)

The easiest thing to do is to make Ferrari Tier 2 and Lotus and Mercedes - Tier 1. :) There are other ways too, but this is the best one if you're making a 2012 season. :)
But doesn't that mess up the thiers in future seasons? Or does that only happen if you swap Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren tier with Virgin, HRT and Caterham tier?

And, what would be the other way to do it? Like, editing the drivers or teams specific?

But doesn't that mess up the thiers in future seasons? Or does that only happen if you swap Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren tier with Virgin, HRT and Caterham tier?

And, what would be the other way to do it? Like, editing the drivers or teams specific?

It messes up future seasons only if you make the game upside down. I mean if you make the Tier 1 to Tier 5 and the opposite. The future seasons will again be in other order because CM has made the game - the best and the worst team of a Tier changes it's tier up and down. This means if Renault is the slowest of the Tier 1 teams, in season 2 it will be Tier 2. And yes, editing driver and team performance, changing engine power, changing tier characteristics... :)

I can't understand you.. If you want me to test, I can't. If you want me to give you a tip or something, just ask more clearly because I don't understand you. :D
I want some tips to make the AI mod fixed
My problem is Top drivers are getting retired or going back in my 3.1
in V1 i didn't had this even though i changed tier's
also i wasn't getting this in my game and it was reported I need some tip or Some way to fix this problem

I want some tips to make the AI mod fixed
My problem is Top drivers are getting retired or going back in my 3.1
in V1 i didn't had this even though i changed tier's
also i wasn't getting this in my game and it was reported I need some tip or Some way to fix this problem

Technical retirements or crashes? If they crash - just decrease their aggression.. If the retirements are technical then just make the top team's technical retirement's chance to "-1" in the database.

to more accidents?

Read the first post.

Can you tell me what the stats_driver_level does? In de database from v1tek's 2012 mod Schumacher has it on value 50, and the likes of Vettel only 25, whilst others only have 2 or 1. Does this stats_driver_level influence the driver strength?

Can you tell me what the stats_driver_level does? In de database from v1tek's 2012 mod Schumacher has it on value 50, and the likes of Vettel only 25, whilst others only have 2 or 1. Does this stats_driver_level influence the driver strength?

No. This is only for your team mate. It doesn't reflect any performance. Schumi has 50 because he's the greatest driver, and Vettel has 25... because... CM overrate him. :D

No. This is only for your team mate. It doesn't reflect any performance. Schumi has 50 because he's the greatest driver, and Vettel has 25... because... CM overrate him. :D
I see, can you tell me which value to edit, to change driver performances then? Would greatly appreciate it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back