Guess The Game V2 - VirtuaIceMan's quiz round 4 - Futuristic racers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts, all these all PC games VirtuaIceMan with inm-game screenshots? Can I look at the back of the book for the answers please becuase I so badly want to find and play some of these games now whilst I'm on holiday!!

My head hurts, all these all PC games VirtuaIceMan with in-game screenshots? Can I look at the back of the book for the answers please becuase I so badly want to find and play some of these games now whilst I'm on holiday!!

Haha, this is just a small sample of the games I have! Yep, I took all the screenshots here in-game in Win 10 64bit, though some games require more messing about to get them working than others.

Many of the easy ones should be identifiable just by browsing online digital game stores...

VirtuaIceMan - I love this game you made for us, thanks for putting it together but......I hate you!!!! ;) Having to wade through 27 years of PC racing games that I still have installed on my PC just to check what they look like and then compare them with your screenshots is seriously starting to take it's toll on my mental health!!!!

Futuristic Easy 1: A.I.M. Racing
Futuristic Easy 3: FlashOut 2
Futuristic Easy 9: PowerDrome
Futuristic Easy 11: Scorcher
Futuristic Easy 12:
Speed Challenge: Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision
Futuristic Easy 15: XMODULE
Futuristic Easy 16: Zone Raiders
Futuristic Medium 2: Cyber Speed

Futuristic Medium 7: S.C.A.R.S.
Futuristic Medium 10: Thrust, Twist & Turn

Futuristic Hard 7: FlashOut 3D

Futuristic Hard 13: Voltage - Supergonki (Russian Only)
. Is the 2nd image from the English version known as 'EdgeRacers' which was basically the same original Russian game but with a new name?

I Just found this trailer for a new futuristic racer due to appear on PC and console soon and it looks awesome:

Last edited:
VirtuaIceMan - I love this game you made for us, thanks for putting it together but......I hate you!!!! ;) Having to wade through 27 years of PC racing games that I still have installed on my PC just to check what they look like and then compare them with your screenshots is seriously starting to take it's toll on my mental health!!!!

Futuristic Easy 1: A.I.M. Racing
Futuristic Easy 3: FlashOut 2
Futuristic Easy 9: PowerDrome
Futuristic Easy 11: Scorcher
Futuristic Easy 12:
Speed Challenge: Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision
Futuristic Easy 15: XMODULE
Futuristic Easy 16: Zone Raiders
Futuristic Medium 2: Cyber Speed

Futuristic Medium 7: S.C.A.R.S.
Futuristic Medium 10: Thrust, Twist & Turn

Futuristic Hard 7: FlashOut 3D

Futuristic Hard 13: Voltage - Supergonki (Russian Only)
. Is the 2nd image from the English version known as 'EdgeRacers' which was basically the same original Russian game but with a new name?

I Just found this trailer for a new futuristic racer due to appear on PC and console soon and it looks awesome:

Yep, there's some good futuristic racing games coming up. Well done on Voltage/Racers! I've updated my original post to say more about it (and other games).

Hard 11 looks a bit like New York Race, Beam Breakers.
Easy 8 looks like a cartoon rip-off version of F-Zero using the same vehicles!!!
Need to learn the story behind Easy 14, is this BallisticNG with the WipeOut mod or something similar?

Hard 11 isn't strictly futuristic... nor is it the ones you mention!
Easy 8 you're right, it is a clone, tho there's also a rainbow road style track!
Easy 14 IS WipEout on PC... but not the usual version...

I'll be revealing the results on Friday this week, so a few days left to get identifying! However: Easy 2 has just had a major overhaul/updated game (on Steam) which makes it look completely different! So I'll reveal that now, it's Cologne. Will update original post.

Haha, how can I answer this without giving anything away?!

Let's see: WipEout 2097/XL, my Win8.1 guide may still be good for Win10 (I upgraded mine from 8.1 so no idea if it works from scratch or not): http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sh...97-(European-version)-to-work-on-Win8-1-64bit

dgVoodoo2 allows you to run it in HD+ - it's better than PSX version as the textures aren't as wobbly, but has not as good a soundtrack!

WipEout 1, well, the screenshot I showed is the nicest it can look... you'll have to wait until Friday to find out why!

Medium 1 is the fly-through intro before a race... the game looks good but plays not so well. You can still buy it, but not on Steam any more.

Is it the ATI Rage 3D specific version using that glrage wrapper? I've been looking for that version of the game for so many years but alas it still eludes me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%