Guess the Driver

The flag of New Zealand is just behind the driver on the picture :coffee:
Looks like Jack Brabham with that silver helmet --So that's my guess.
What makes me panic and unsure is the colour of the car :O_o: That blue was often used by French and Argentinian drivers --But my car guess is Brabham BT 4 1963.
It can just as well be a Cooper car since Jack Brabham also made cars there..and they looked excatly the same...

Last edited:
Is this a web search contest? :laugh:

"Gavin Youl contesting the FJ race in the MRD at the Warwick Farm international meeting on February 4 1962. He was 3rd behind Leo Geoghegan’s Lotus 22 Ford and Glynn Scott’s Lotus 20 Ford (John Ellacott)"

The flag of New Zealand is just behind the driver on the picture :coffee:
Looks like Jack Brabham with that silver helmet --So that's my guess.
What makes me panic and unsure is the colour of the car :O_o: That blue was often used by French and Argentinian drivers --But my car guess is Brabham BT 4 1963.
It can just as well be a Cooper car since Jack Brabham also made cars there..and they looked excatly the same...
The flag has a star under the Union Jack so it's Australian not New Zealand. I should know I am a Kiwi haha

No idea on anything about the picture except either 1963 or 1964

Guess the Driver 5.jpg

Second to last one in the series and bang up to date in the modern era. Can you 'Guess the Driver'?

This fella is someone a bit more recent that our last few images, but do you know who it is? Could this be someone from the world of open wheel racing, or something altogether different? Test your knowledge and give us a best guess in the comments section below!

For earlier 'Guess the Driver' features check out the links below:

Guess the Driver - Round 1
Guess the Driver - Round 2
Guess the Driver - Round 3
Guess the Driver - Round 4

Good luck (and don't use an internet search engine!)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%