• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

GtSport - First play -

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Jason Warburton, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +122
    So I finally managed to get my hands on the full game.

Initial impressions are that this game is visually impressive, well set out and you can see that simplicity was a key factor in the racing structure.

Single player - Arcade, is what it is.
    Single player - Campaign, has been on the end of quite a bit of criticism from certain sim racers types for not having an in depth career mode to do whilst they don't go to work etc. I however, have limited time available to enjoy games now around work and family life so the bytesize lesson type mode is a great change of pace and is quite fun to try and master each test whilst taking no skill away from the racing experience.

Multiplayer - I absolutely love the iRacing-like scheduling system, total genius imo. Being able to log on and jump into a race every 10-15 on surprisingly stable hosts for about 20 cars, some minor lag, but I suspect this will phase out as the game matures. The handling model and physics are also a refreshing change from the extreme bulls**t of Pcars2 on PS4 where this was a roll of the dice each race. Yea we don't have puddles yet or day/night ( I think) but am I missing it? nope.... I'm enjoying the racing in general, which I haven't done since the latter stages of Pcars 1 when then finally fixed it.

Overall I think GTSport has been delivered very well, the features work, and the cars are drivable to a great level.

feel free to add me on PS4 or follow me on youtube
    PSN : Latosius
    Youtube : Latosius 84

My first 2 races:

2. Nibiru Cataclysm

Nibiru Cataclysm

Ratings:
    +21
    It's a great game isn't it?

I'd have liked to watch your videos but they are blocked in the UK due to music copyright laws.

Could you remove the music and relink?

3. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +122
    i'll re-upload later

4. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +195
    I just wish the online official races were a bit longer then just 4 /5 laps

5. PeyePete

PeyePete
    Premium

Ratings:
    +120
    The Nurburgring GP is 10 laps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +122
    I wish there were maybe 1 or 2 more daily races to choose from, other than that, Its the first racer I've actually enjoyed racing on since GT3. Project cars 2 left me so mad and frustrated, this washed it all away for me.

Definitely a racing game for actual gamers and not Sim geeks.

• Like Like x 1