AC GT's @ 2.5h of Spa - November 8th 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys I don't see why this has to be such a problem for people. One of you saw it at 25mins the other at 59mins. How about clicking book then instead of waiting until the last second all the time. Once you are booked you can close the game or do whatever you like with no issue with regard to getting into the server when it's time to start. As a result both of you have taken spot away from others who wanted to race but couldn't be accommodated in the pit boxes available.

A novelty idea for you both might be to look at your watch or a clock and you would know that the event starts soon as the times are listed in the thread. Race starts at xx.xxGMT, so 5 mins before that, refresh the server list and prepare to join. It really isn't all that difficult!

Yeah, but as the server showed 1:30hrs time left, I thought the booking time had been extended for about 30 mins, to wait for other drivers to have them all in or s.th.. So that the stated starting time for practice would have been 30 mins later than the stated start time in post 1 as well.. .
Was just a bit 'confusing', will not happen anymore. Next time I will refresh the whole server list more frequently, then this will not happen anymore. Has been a 'long' time as I drove my latest MP races with AC ;).

Also until now I didn't know that once you have booked you can even turn off AC (which I doubt) or at least close the server list and do s.th. else without losing the booking-status, which you stated, sry.
I know.., you can leave a practice session and else and join the server again, but I was not aware that this will also work pre the real session (ingame) was even not entered at least once.

So because I wanted to test a little, I waited too long with my signing.
--
I don't think someone stole a booking place with this misfortune at least this time though.., because the available booking slots in post 1 were not fully populated anymore this morning, due to some more people, who planned to take part, didn't find the time to drive and signed out.
So everyone who wanted to sign in could have done that still.., but there simply was noone left anymore who planned to take part, even not yesterday.

I had fun guys, thanks! For me practice and quality were horrible, had some things going on in my house. And I also have quite a bad flu so driving was not a great pleasure.

First stint was great, fought my way to 5th, right behind Dion. Managed to pass him but lost it a lap later. After that I had to go for my first planned stop. Sadly enough I didn't put in enough fuel and managed to flatspot my front right in the second lap. This meant locking up every lap a few times and almost taking out Dave and Georg in the process. I decided to go for another early stop and go the rest of the distance on hands. At this point I got stuck behind Michael, while making a lot of mistakes with a high fever getting the best of me.
At the end of the day I really had a lot of fun and I hope we can do some more of these :).

Again, if there are incidents please make a report :).

After the rage is gone i can say that was one of the best races i had. I went thru all. Started 3rd on the grid but that didnt matter at all coz no one really tried to qualify properly.

My strategy was to be extra careful and safe like usual even if that means i have to be 1-2 sec slower. Problem is i started with very hard tier and they just suck so bad. There was no grip at all and my first 38 laps which i manage to get of full tank and the very hard tier i was doing 2:22+. At my only pit stop i decided to go for hard after seeing how much mediums and hards were lasting from the feedback in TeamSpeak.

Boy ooo boy did that change things, i was doing consistent 1:19 and manage to get to 6 place.
61st lap all went to hell, i had @Niko Karhula battling me for 6th spot, and we came out from the first corner, Mr. @Tobbe Bergman which was some laps down was right there in front of us, T1 i went on the inside and was side by side with Tobbe on the straight to Eau Rouge(@Niko Karhula was close behind us). I was expecting @Tobbe Bergman to let us go and pull away any moment now but he didnt, we went 2 wide side by side into Eau Rouge, i was on the right side hit the curb coz didnt have much space and got thrown a bit to the left to wipe both of us out. My car was ****ed up, couple corner later i went wide in t6 or t7 not sure, and @Tobbe Bergman just slammed into me full speed without even breaking.
I know some people are special and want to be cool, but taking the 6th guy in the 61st lap of 68th lap race after you are some laps down while he is battling with the 7th position car is just beyond any reason. Im not the aggressive driver and im really really careful but i was in my right and i was defending my 6th position.

I did stream everything live on twitch there was about 20 people watching, i went a bit rage mode after that i said some uncool things but ya...

All in all i finished 8th and that is more then i could wish for, but the way the race unfolded i could do 6th place.

Great event!

Thanks drivers for this race.
My first 2:40h race ever... at wake up :sleep:. But wow... I still keep my breath every 2:18.678 s... Eau Rouge syndrome perhaps.
Messed my qualif session, but I managed to go up the pack from the 10th to the 2nd. My calculation told me that a one pit stop strategy was not going to happened... So wrong I was :whistling:. Well done @Akis Kevrekidis!
Make 2 pit stop, all in medium. Was afraid to see @Georg Siebert so fast. Unfortunatly, you had 'a moment'. (sorry about that 'kiss', btw). I was curious to see if it was rewarding to make a run in soft.

@Mathias Jansen, Good reaction in my hazardous breaking/overtaking in La source, it was an unnecessary move from me.

And special thx to the RD team!
See you next.

@Deyan Georgiev
I recommend you write a comprehensive report with video evidence to us (Frank, Akis, yours truly)

Edit:
Btw Deyan, I've looked over your streaming vod of the event, you were tinkering with the fuel load at 38:45 and you had an invalid setup. This message stems from the too low ride height of the car and has nothing to do with fuel or other options. The Ride height on all cars except Formula ones need to be at least 60 mm, this was marked yellow in the front of your car.
========
@Geoffroy Tassenoy
Yes it was rewarding on the Softs, especially by overtaking two people during this stint. They lasted only 7 laps, which was the absolute minimum to make the third stint with full tank & Mediums work.
In the end lost around 30s with not working tyre change during the 2nd stop and 2 unforced errors.

Last edited:
@Deyan Georgiev
I recommend you write a comprehensive report with video evidence to us (Frank, Akis, yours truly)
========
@Geoffroy Tassenoy
Yes it was rewarding on the Softs, especially by overtaking two people during this stint. They lasted only 7 laps, which was the absolute minimum to make the third stint with full tank & Mediums work.
In the end lost around 30s with not working tyre change during the 2nd stop and 2 unforced errors.

One of my race scenario (hears the guy... really?:O_o:), was to go for 29m/29m/10s. Glad I didn't tried it afterall.

@Deyan Georgiev

Edit:
Btw Deyan, I've looked over your streaming vod of the event, you were tinkering with the fuel load at 38:45 and you had an invalid setup. This message stems from the too low ride height of the car and has nothing to do with fuel or other options. The Ride height on all cars except Formula ones need to be at least 60 mm, this was marked yellow in the front of your car.

When you put more fuel the car gets heavier, and the height of the car goes down. I was tinkering with the fuel with the idea to see how much i can get in the tank without changing my setup, it turn out to be around 98L which was not enough for my strategy, thats why i just raised the front a bit.

Video about my situation, there is not much to see, i was at fault the the corner it self but it was my right to be there coz the guy was lap down and he shoulda let us pass, he just did not back down. Im trying to upload the video from twitch to youtube, will post the VOD as soon as its there, but that will probably take 1-2 days( its like 3h or so)

Thank you for participating everybody.
I hope you all improved your consistancy and learned about pitstops & strategy during this race and will continue to do so in the future.

Good race with @Dion Vais , sorry for the contact in the middle, that was unnecessary.

Np Georg :) Someone in the house distracted me and lost quite some time in those final laps, otherwise I think I could have kept that 3rd. Gratz though, well deserved 3rd.

Also big thanks to the guys co-operating when being lapped.
Poor @Frank van Oeveren even spun for me :( cheers Frank

And a final notice, the qualify could be a bit longer. I really had to go at the start of the qualify and when I came back I had about 7 minutes left. So I only got one try for a fast lap in which I encountered some traffic too. Needless to say I did a faster time on hards than my qualify lap on super softs:cry:

Thank you for the event!

Last edited:
After the rage is gone i can say that was one of the best races i had. I went thru all. Started 3rd on the grid but that didnt matter at all coz no one really tried to qualify properly.

My strategy was to be extra careful and safe like usual even if that means i have to be 1-2 sec slower. Problem is i started with very hard tier and they just suck so bad. There was no grip at all and my first 38 laps which i manage to get of full tank and the very hard tier i was doing 2:22+. At my only pit stop i decided to go for hard after seeing how much mediums and hards were lasting from the feedback in TeamSpeak.

Boy ooo boy did that change things, i was doing consistent 1:19 and manage to get to 6 place.
61st lap all went to hell, i had @Niko Karhula battling me for 6th spot, and we came out from the first corner, Mr. @Tobbe Bergman which was some laps down was right there in front of us, T1 i went on the inside and was side by side with Tobbe on the straight to Eau Rouge(@Niko Karhula was close behind us). I was expecting @Tobbe Bergman to let us go and pull away any moment now but he didnt, we went 2 wide side by side into Eau Rouge, i was on the right side hit the curb coz didnt have much space and got thrown a bit to the left to wipe both of us out. My car was ****ed up, couple corner later i went wide in t6 or t7 not sure, and @Tobbe Bergman just slammed into me full speed without even breaking.
I know some people are special and want to be cool, but taking the 6th guy in the 61st lap of 68th lap race after you are some laps down while he is battling with the 7th position car is just beyond any reason. Im not the aggressive driver and im really really careful but i was in my right and i was defending my 6th position.

I did stream everything live on twitch there was about 20 people watching, i went a bit rage mode after that i said some uncool things but ya...

All in all i finished 8th and that is more then i could wish for, but the way the race unfolded i could do 6th place.
Did you know that Assetto Corsa is actually a game/sim !

FYI -IT'S NOT FOR REAL !

mod-edit: text edited, you need to engage in a mature manner, sarkasm won't get you anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that Assetto Corsa is actually a game/sim !

FYI -IT'S NOT FOR REAL !

mod-edit: text edited, you need to engage in a mature manner, sarkasm won't get you anywhere

People race here because we are going for realism and classy racing. If you want to do some dirty racing and not respect the other users of the track go elsewhere.

This race was a real handful and kinda lonely for me. The p4/5 was incredibly underrpowered on the straights compared to all the other cars so I had a tough time trying to keep up. The loneliness was kept in check by the startcraft and asian jokes however :roflmao:
However consistency and a 1 pit strat did a lot for me, letting me finish 9th from 17th place. Can't say it was a bad run but the chase @Frank van Oeveren gave really stepped my alertness levels.

Thanks for the race RD was great fun. :)

People race here because we are going for realism and classy racing. If you want to do some dirty racing and not respect the other users of the track go elsewhere.

This race was a real handful and kinda lonely for me. The p4/5 was incredibly underrpowered on the straights compared to all the other cars so I had a tough time trying to keep up. The loneliness was kept in check by the startcraft and asian jokes however :roflmao:
However consistency and a 1 pit strat did a lot for me, letting me finish 9th from 17th place. Can't say it was a bad run but the chase @Frank van Oeveren gave really stepped my alertness levels.

Thanks for the race RD was great fun. :)

Oh - You're soo full of assumptions !

I came here to race because I thought it would be a fair fight !
I was wrong !
This seems more like the club for the self-righteous !
I never drive into other drivers cars on purpose unless someone does it to me first !
And that has always been the case here !
Seems like many players can't stand the taste of their own medicine !
But I guess denial is cheaper than therapy :roflmao:

Last edited:
Oh - You're soo full of assumptions !

I came here to race because I thought it would be a fair fight !
I was wrong !
This seems more like the club for the self-righteous !
I never drive into other drivers cars on purpose unless someone does it to me first !
And that has always been the case here !
Seems like many players can't stand the taste of their own medicine !
But I guess denial is cheaper than therapy :roflmao:
Not that I was involved in your incidence, but if people are already a lap ahead it's not really a fight. If it was fighting for position then sure go balls to the walls to try and keep your spot fairly.

Not that I was involved in your incidence, but if people are already a lap ahead it's not really a fight. If it was fighting for position then sure go balls to the walls to try and keep your spot fairly.

Well it's supposed to be fun but that's problematic when there always seems to be a bunch of politically correct sissies who thinks they are superior to others !

My Teamspeak was not working so I did not hear anything but from what I understand it's OK to be as sarcastic and derogatory as you want over Teamspeak.
Maybe some people didn't get the attention they should have gotten when they were kids !
I seek online racing elsewhere from now on!

Well it's supposed to be fun but that's problematic when there always seems to be a bunch of politically correct sissies who thinks they are superior to others !

My Teamspeak was not working so I did not hear anything but from what I understand it's OK to be as sarcastic and derogatory as you want over Teamspeak.
Maybe some people didn't get the attention they should have gotten when they were kids !
I seek online racing elsewhere from now on!
Club racing is about having fun. But that doesn't mean having fun at the expense of the racing rules (which you should have read when you applied for licensed membership). You are supposed to follow the same rules that apply on a real race track. This includes obeying blue flag rules. If you're about to be lapped, you should allow the faster car behind through when it is safe to do so.

From what I've read of this thread, not only did you choose to ignore this rule, but you caused several incidents with cars that were not on the same lap as you.

You're free to leave if you like, but just know that regardless of the organised racing club/league you choose to participate in, you'll learn very quickly that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and you'll be kicked out.

Last edited:
Club racing is about having fun. But that doesn't mean having fun at the expense of contravening the racing rules (which you should have read when you applied for licensed membership). You are supposed to follow the same rules that apply on a real race track. This includes obeying blue flag rules. If you're about to be lapped, you should allow the faster car behind through when it is safe to do so.

From what I've read of this thread, not only did you choose to ignore this rule, but you caused several incidents with cars that were not on the same lap as you.

You're free to leave if you like, but just know that regardless of the organised racing club/league you choose to participate in, you'll learn very quickly that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and you'll be kicked out.

Yeah It's the same old :
I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend !

I know what good racing is, and this aint it !

I've never seen any flags in AC !

If someone is faster than me I let them pass me plain and simple !

You should call it "The cissy boy racing club" where the self righteous little boys meet !
I can just imagine what it sounded on Teamspeak ! -Like old ladies at a tea party :roflmao:

Last edited:
Tobbe, wasn't in the race and didn't see the situation, but to say something like that, you sure made an error, right?
Unless ..... ? Retaliation ?
We aren't bunch of small kids here and that's exactly the pattern your going for.
If you can't control your anger, do it in "open to all" races, where everyone can join anytime and where you'll be rammed 100%. Club races are meant to improve our driving skills and get us used to take "racing rules" into account seriously. It's not just being fast, there's also other factors that make a great driver.

Yeah It's the same old :
I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend !

I know what good racing is, and this aint it !

I've never seen any flags in AC !

If someone is faster than me I let them pass me plain and simple !

You should call it "The cissy boy racing club" where the self righteous little boys meet !
I can just imagine what it sounded on Teamspeak ! -Like old ladies at a tea party :roflmao:

<snip> starting from ~2:23 (Deyan's accident)

I know what good racing is, and this aint it ! -
yeah right....seriously? u are a lap down and still dont let him pass on eau rouge?

secondly: I never drive into other drivers cars on purpose unless someone does it to me first !
is this the full retard mode? NO U DON'T. not on club events, because if someone crashes you..its 99% an accident and YOU were clearly the cause of tzhe eau rouge accident and afterwars deliberatly crash into deyan's car...

thirdly: how about just apologising for being crap and trying to improve in the future instead of insulting the other RD members? we may have not gotten enough attention as kids :sleep:, but at least we got some manners

<mod edit: Please use the media gallery for videos or post in PM's.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back