AC GT's @ 2.5h of Spa - November 8th 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The booking countdown was all wrong for me, it still had shown 25 mins left for me, but it -the time- already was over. So I could not join. A bit afraid that this issue still has not been adressed in AC. It should show the real time, which is left all the time, needs to be synconized or something, but that's still not the case.

Last edited:
I was trying to join, but didn't know the password. So I checked the site here and I had been sent one but it was rather late. When I got back into AC the booking countdown had like 5 seconds left and I missed it. I clicked enter server with 20 seconds to go, then it said I had to enter a password, it took me another 10 seconds to work out where you put the password in.

at first it showed 59 mins left. then by restarting the game or s.th. closely after even 1:30 hours left.. . An hour later I came back and it was showing 25 mins left, but time already was over in reality. A bit confusing this in AC ;).

The problem also is, when you go testing the counter will freeze. So when you come back from testing, the counter will be still at the same point and time left value, as it was when starting the test-session.

That could have been the prob. for me also, though I thought, I was not out for more than 15 mins. (25min. - 15min. = 10 mins left for booking I thought, but the real time was over already.)

Last edited:
Well that was quite a race, my arms are tired now :p

On one hand I'm glad that I made it all the way, on the other hand I'm disappointed. Had a great quali finishing second, but chose totally wrong strategy starting on super hard tyres and full fuel tank. Didn't have enough pace and in lap 3 got hit and crashed and had major suspension and wing damage. After a repair of 68 seconds I rejoined at the back of the pack, a full lap down. Can't say who was wrong at that crash, but overall ruined the race for me.

Well, I'm disappointed.
Unfortunately I don't know who took me out in lap 7 or so exiting the chicane.
I just know it was a red Ferrari and it was totally unnecessary.
Well, that wrecked me and I had to ESC and then was like 90seconds behind the pack after 20 minutes.
Then there was Tobbe who tried to outbrake everybody with ridiculous moves, a few times I saw it coming but twice he pushed me into the off.
All in all very disappointing also because of massive sound bugs after 1 hour and then super low FPS after 90 minutes which got worse and worse.
But I kept going and had some fun nevertheless.
Grats to everybody who survived! :thumbsup:

The booking countdown was all wrong for me, it still had shown 25 mins left for me, but it -the time- already was over. So I could not join. A bit afraid that this issue still has not been adressed in AC. It should show the real time, which is left all the time, needs to be synconized or something, but that's still not the case.

at first it showed 59 mins left. then by restarting the game or s.th. closely after even 1:30 hours left.. . An hour later I came back and it was showing 25 mins left, but time already was over in reality. A bit confusing this in AC ;).

The problem also is, when you go testing the counter will freeze. So when you come back from testing, the counter will be still at the same point and time left value, as it was when starting the test-session.

That could have been the prob. for me also, though I thought, I was not out for more than 15 mins. (25min. - 15min. = 10 mins left for booking I thought, but the real time was over already.)

Guys I don't see why this has to be such a problem for people. One of you saw it at 25mins the other at 59mins. How about clicking book then instead of waiting until the last second all the time. Once you are booked you can close the game or do whatever you like with no issue with regard to getting into the server when it's time to start. As a result both of you have taken spot away from others who wanted to race but couldn't be accommodated in the pit boxes available.

A novelty idea for you both might be to look at your watch or a clock and you would know that the event starts soon as the times are listed in the thread. Race starts at xx.xxGMT, so 5 mins before that, refresh the server list and prepare to join. It really isn't all that difficult!

This event was really nice! Thanks @Frank van Oeveren and @Georg Siebert for organizing it!

The car felt great with this setup. A big thanks to @Coenwulf and @John Oliver for that :D
My strategy was: start with full tank-hard tires and pit stop in the middle of the race for tire change and refueling.
I was really exhausted at 25th lap but somehow got used to the fatigue and kept on driving.
Some fuel saving had to be done at the last laps, but thankfully I managed to finish with 0,5 liter in the tank or something!

This behavior towards a fellow driver is not acceptable here at Racedepartment.
Well, I'm disappointed.
Unfortunately I don't know who took me out in lap 7 or so exiting the chicane.
I just know it was a red Ferrari and it was totally unnecessary.
Well, that wrecked me and I had to ESC and then was like 90seconds behind the pack after 20 minutes.
Then there was Tobbe who tried to outbrake everybody with ridiculous moves, a few times I saw it coming but twice he pushed me into the off.
All in all very disappointing also because of massive sound bugs after 1 hour and then super low FPS after 90 minutes which got worse and worse.
But I kept going and had some fun nevertheless.
Grats to everybody who survived! :thumbsup:

mod-edit: content removed

Thank you for participating everybody.
I hope you all improved your consistancy and learned about pitstops & strategy during this race and will continue to do so in the future.

Good race with @Dion Vais , sorry for the contact in the middle, that was unnecessary.

Well that was quite a sprint. Only the longest race I've had to do behind a wheel in a sim, no problem. :p

Happy with 5th considering my poor start and how much damage I attained over the 2 hours and 40 minutes. Wasn't ever really on the pace of the top 4 today anyway, that Ferrari is a monster in the right hands!

Thanks to Frank for the event! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years