GTR Evolution vs GTR 2

Hello everyone!

last night I was just looking for some games on the internet and I found GTR 2 for a very inviting price...

I was wondering...I recently got GTR Evolution, downloaded some extra cars, some extra tracks and I'm having a lotta fun

if I buy GTR 2, will I be getting more of the same?

Will it be worth? What are their differences?

thanks!

I'm looking for a couple of good racing sims. I think Evo may be for me but then I was looking into Race On also. I know a lot of it depends on the kind of cars you are wanting but please help by answering some newbish questions. I am considering purchasing GT Legends, GT-R Evo, Race On or Live For Speed. While rFactor is a consideration there are two things that bother me about it, one being I hear the AI sux and 2 in online play it's hard finding servers with all the mod options they are running. I tried the demo of rfactor as well as Evo and Live for Speed. I have to say however I find the driving feel in Live for Speed very nice and seems to strike a cord with me but I am kinda worried that once unlocked the amount of content leaves something to be desired. Anyways, am thinking of buying 2 or even 3 programs but don't want to get too redundant as far as content goes. I'm thinking LFS, GT Legends and Evo but I might substitute Race On for Evo. Either way my main concerns are great AI, Great physic, GT and F1 as I'm not so much into the touring cars and a strong server presents so if you can help me out with some suggestions or experiences it would really help settle my indecisiveness.

Welcome :)

When you buy RACE On + the evo expansion (doesnt cost much anymore) you have the benefit that you can import more or less whole GT Legends (mod) and GTR 2 (mod).

On the other hand there are still lots of races organised for GTR 2 & GTL so it is might worth buying them also. I am not really into LFS so i can't make a proper judgement about that game.

Bottomline is that all the games are really cheap at the moment, and if you are a regular racer (few hours per week) i would not even hesitate in buying the all. (Great collection on the shelf is also very joyful)

Thanks for the welcome, maybe you can clarify for me, GT-R Evolution is a stand a lone product or an expansion? Or is there a separate Evo expansion for Race On? I'm a little confused by the fact that all of these Simbin programs seem to be of the same engine. Yeah so basically I wasn't sure if by buying the wrong things like Race on and STCC or Race 07 or anything else for that matter if I was getting redundant content on the same engine. Does that make sense? He He, what I newb I am.

I beleive Race On is a new stand alone game, featuring all the content from Race 07. Then there are two expansions, Gtr Evo and STCC. They will work both with Race On and Race 07. So if i was to buy a game in this series for the first time, it would be a Race On + Gtr Evo bundle.

All the race series are as standalone avadible but also as add on only Race07 is standalone only
so have a carefull look what you buy
i think the best deal would be to go for Race On Full version + GTR-Evo as Addon this will give you the complete deal of Race07 with all Addons

Ok so just to make sure I have this straight. Buy Race On, then buy GT-R Evolution. Is there 2 versions of GT-R Evolution, a stand alone and an addon? If you get the Stand a lone version of Evo will it integrate with Race On? If there are 2 versions where can I find the addon version for the best price? Where can I get the best price on Race On and Evo? I looked on amazon and both are cheap enough but if it's even cheaper elsewhere or if there is a "Bundle" that comes with both clue me in.

yes there are two versions of both race on and gtr-evo make sure to take the full version of race one and the addon version of gtr evo
anyway some ppl already saw the gtr evo full for 5 € so it not realy matters as will still merge fine into the Race one full

I really hope SimBin has learned from this whole expansion drama. For newcomers it's incredible hard to understand what this serie of games is about :( Imo RACE ON, as the final title, should have included all the previous released content. Then the lobby would have been a heaven without all those unknown servers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back