GTR Evolution - Runtime Error

Only happens on the Nurburgring - but not the GP. Will only do it if there are more than about 15 cars in a race, weather they are AI or real and usually happens if i go from the race monitor back to the main screen.

Had something similar once so far ... but also have very HIGH memory usage ... only got 2GB RAM in my machine right now but am using all that and starting to page badly (got more RAM on order but not in stock anywhere round here :rolleyes:)
... granted my graphics settings are on very high ... might need to lower them a bit, but man its a big jump in usage from Race07 ...

• Marko Hartikainen

The track is extremely demanding memory wise, try to lower your graphics settings for the long tracks to see if it helps.

Lol - If it cant play on my computer then this game has some serious issues.

I have:

Q6600 @ 3.5ghz
4 gig OCZ PC8500
8800 GTS 640mb 661/1880

All the 3rd party versions of the ring work perfectly fine, even with larger grids on rfactor.

If I run out of memory then lots of the other members are screwed :p

Here is task manager open with a full AI grid around the endurance track:

ring.jpg

Still got plenty of memory left.

The exact error:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program:...ms and games\steam\steamapps\myusername\race07\Race_Steam.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Oliver, you are obviously running a 64 bit Vista version (as I can see 4GB RAM in the task manager), would be interesting to know, whether the others having the same problem are running on 64 bit as well.

(I am very carefully looking at 64 bit issues as I am considering moving to it as well, but so far am a little bit afraid of incompatibilities)

Oliver, you are obviously running a 64 bit Vista version (as I can see 4GB RAM in the task manager), would be interesting to know, whether the others having the same problem are running on 64 bit as well.

(I am very carefully looking at 64 bit issues as I am considering moving to it as well, but so far am a little bit afraid of incompatibilities)

Yes I am on 64bit. Race 07 works fine on everything but the Nurburgring.

I haven't even noticed any compatibility errors with Vista yet :)

I have Vista64 also (Atti too).

No real problems although I had some lag yesterday night.
4Gb inside.

I put all the graphics to low and it worked (not extensively tested).

I just don't see how with my system I should have to turn down the graphics. Its got less detail than the rfactor version.

Poorly optimized?

It says in the options you need 512mb graphics memory to put it on max. Mine is more than that. Why doesnt it just run?!? lol:rolleyes:

EDIT: I can easily replicate this nearly everytime. I just start a race event at the endurance track with full grid of 24 ai. Skip straight to race and start it (first time is fine). Then I go down the straight, press escape and click restart. Once I do this I appear on my desktop with a runtime error.

• Marko Hartikainen

Truth is many can run it with less powerfull system than yours, for example mine is E6600, 8800GTS, 3gb

Not using Vista though

It seemed to work ok for me and my system is far lower than Marko's.
I had textures on high, but I reduce draw distance to normal and shadows to low. Still looks good to me with those settings.

I'm using XP and have 2 gig of RAM, and NV 7600 GT graphics card.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%