1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

gtr evolution router problems

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by blackhatracing, Feb 5, 2009.

1. can anyone help I have a bt voyager 2100 router and I cant seem to get other people in the same room on my router to connect to my internet game on gtr evolution.They can connect to other servers but not mine, and at the same time other people can connect to me.We are in the same room but have this problem.Anyone give me some pointers.? btw we all have bought games and connected to steam and logged in.....any help appreciated..........

2. Use a cable? :clap::clap:

Had the same kind of problem a while ago at a friends place. Don't remember the solution at the moment though.

3. Have you opened the ports on your router/port forwarding?

The port numbers are in the manual. (sorry can't remember them off hand)

4. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Good luck mate, if I remember correctly, BT use Thomson routers, and they can be a pain to set up port forwarding on. Try this website for help: http://portforward.com/routers.htm

5. yes I have opened up the ports as quoted by simbin but no luck

6. yes were cabled not wireless

7. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

You could try setting your pc as the DMZ. That will open your pc up completely though, so be careful.

8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

Can you check your adsl status.

It should be a menu in the setup, you can see the statistics of the line there.

Do you have issues with other games or surfing the net?

9. dmz? what do you me,I can do it but after doing that whats next?

10. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

Maybe you can see strange things on your adsl speeds, you can compare it with others in your neighbourhood to see if you have the right speed.