1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTR Evolution PD Weight (Final Update

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Bram, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Thanks a lot, Bram !

If Nye reads this, i'll explain what the problem is all about:

We're experiencing some problems with the weight app and i thought that maybe the way the list is encoded had changed since the previous version.

It loads the penalty correctly, from the list, with no error, but needs the guy to drive, sometimes even 2 or 3 times before the weight is actually added (in the timing screen, with the "sector" option, you can see the penalties ingame). So in a qualifying session, the guy has the time to make a good lap without his 50 kgs.

Do you see my point?

We're thinking of some solutions: practise session for joining, then closed qualifications. But the problem is that some of our members cannot be online before a certain time and usually join just in time to make a couple of qual laps.

Or: having an admin monitoring the penalties and asking people to exit and come back if they have made a qual lap with O kg. But if it happens at the end of the qual session, he might not have the time to come back (as the cars loading takes a hell of a time and as there's a known bug when somebody joins when session is about to end and eventually ends while the guy's loading and being loaded)

Any other idea to help us out is of course very welcome!

Thanks !
  3. Nye

Hey there
    Bram pointed me to this thread as RSC is still down.
    I have attached the latest PD Weight version to this post.

About the other questions can't help you that much
    I don't have control on when the weights are applyed. Sometimes you apply a weight and it works fine, some others you have to wait, some others there's nothing to do but wait for a session change (it's the only way I trust my tool).

I wish I could help, but even if I have tried hard to find a solution, I have not been able to fix this random behaviour up to date.

Joan Pey AKA Nye

Attached Files:

4. Nye

Forgot to add that if you find a pattern for the weights to be applyed, then maybe I could try and find a workaround.

Worth to try.
  5. Bram

Great stuff, thanks amigo :)
  6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Thanks a lot for the support !

I'll keep you posted if we happen to identify some pattern in the behaviour.
  7. thats one of the best mods in race 07, thx Nye.
  8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Hi there, we did some tests tonight and here's something we noticed, don't know if that helps, though :

When someone hasn't got his penalty weight yet and somebody else joins the server, then the guy receives his weight at the exact moment at which the game says "X has joined".
  9. Bram

Hmm did you create a list of names that should get penalty weights?
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Yes, we're using the pd weight app with the list, which is the easiest way to manage the penalties.
  11. Nye

I will try and test a different way of looking for the players in the server.

Thx for the report Slowest :)
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

You're of course welcome :) And WE do thank you for this cool app !

If we find out anything else, i'll let you know, either here or on RSC (back online).
    By the way, as it's back online but with an old save, your post about this app has disappeared. (or i couldn't find it :-P )
  13. Bram

14. race07 PD

my pd from ney thos not work any more.
    can some one help me out!?
    it says: Imposible abrir el proceso

grtzz marco
  15. can some one tell me whats wrong whith the thing??
    this thread is out dated( i think!?).
    race07 is what im talking about.
    is there nowone whith the problem??

gtzz marco
  16. how do i configure this, when i run race07 it says race07 is not running :Wacko:
  17. GTR2 weight penalty tool has the same or similar behavior.
  18. With the standard PD you should be able to start the programe and then start race and long as both are on the same machine you should have a problem.
    Other wise you have to set it up so it see the machine that is running the game.

As for the Weight programe, I would guess it works on a similar basis. If not you.ll have head over to Here to report your problems.
  19. Question:

How to get this running in Vista? I tried running it as admin, but nothing happens