GTR Evo open port

1mb will help. twice the bandwidth twice the speed on paper. tho in practice not always that large an improvement. geographical lag can be a problem for some as didtance increases the number of servers/bouncers that the data is transfered across. if you hit 1 or 2 along the way that are under heavy load or undersized in bandwidth terms its going to seriously dent ping times. shorter distance means less chance of that happening due to less servers pass through.

as for my connection i subscribe to an 8mb "adsl max" line which delivers more in the region of 7. personally most people i see report in game pings of under 200. people above 300 seem to ghost in and out a bit sometimes tho not so excessively as to make it too difficult to race against hem.

your wlecome manuel. 8mb is somewhat over and above but i share the connection with my bro who also games alot (fps) so ping is king in our house.

have you connected to the AU server at all. might be a long shot but it might be better for you. theres regular events on there too so myabe you'd have a place to play :)

• Richard Birchall

I'm with Plusnet and its fairly Cheap considering others. You might not get the 8Mb but i still find its a reasonable fast speed to play online. The speed test read at around the 3Mb mark.
And they only charge you according to your download limit so unless your doing mega amounts of peer to peer you should be ok
Also on a plus note your download limit does not count between 12am and 8am if you play online at night
Check them out :)

I'm with Plusnet and its fairly Cheap considering others. You might not get the 8Mb but i still find its a reasonable fast speed to play online. The speed test read at around the 3Mb mark.
And they only charge you according to your download limit so unless your doing mega amounts of peer to peer you should be ok
Also on a plus note your download limit does not count between 12am and 8am if you play online at night
Check them out :)

also they prioritise gaming packets

guess the au server is a rename for events.

start is the lower of the 2 numbers and end is the higher of the 2 numbers. note that you may have to make 2 seperate entries of 48942 to 48957, one for tcp and one for upd.

I have a netcomm-nb6plus4....anyway, I've tried fiddling with these numbers but I'm 5000ping everywhere, so I'm curious about something....

Is it possible I may have to make these entries in my modem?
a TCP/UDP...with low/high/low/high{48-48957}
Another TCP/UDP with low/high/low/high{26-26907}
And maybe additional entries with the 48's in this config...

TCP protocol......48942/48957/48942/48957
UDP protocol.....as above.....?

you need to add these ports to your port forwarding page in oder to host a Internet server log into your router
find in the menue the link for portforwarding and add there this following ports pointing to your PC ip address

TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957
UDP 26900-26907

The first 2 hops in your traceroute should NOT be that high. The first one is generally our router/modem and that should be close 0-2ms. The 2nd one is more than likely your ISP and shouldn't be more than 40-60 ms. The real high numbers in the middle are also plugged hops between your ISP and the race servers.

So heres the screen shots of my super lag report. any suggestions would help. thanks in advance guys. :(

5000 ping is the default displayed until real ping tests can be returned. So, even after a the online servers have finished loading and waiting a few seconds, you still see 5000 pings for all servers?

Actually Michael, my only goal atm is to just play online, ie, join other servers.....but I've been met with 5000pings all of a sudden.
I've been online without a problem for 6months and then all of a sudden boom.....5000ping everywhere.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%