1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

GTR EVO and ATI Crossfire

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mark Schuttenhelm, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Mark Schuttenhelm

Mark Schuttenhelm

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I would like to know if GTR EVO supports Crossfire from ATI... and if so what kind of performance gain do I get? (i play on 1920x1200 28" and a E8500 proc with a HD4870 videocard (which can have a little friend :) )

I know not alle the games support it and i couldn't find anything about this matter on the www.

Thx

2. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    I believe it supports it but one 4870 should rape Evo even on that resolution :p

You getting low performance with just one?

3. Mark Schuttenhelm

Mark Schuttenhelm

Ratings:
    +0
    well i can't put all the eye candy on (in EVO and in ATI control center) it's not bad but it can always be better

4. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    you got the 512mb version?

5. Mark Schuttenhelm

Mark Schuttenhelm

Ratings:
    +0

Yes

6. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    Ye, 1gb one better with aa and higher resolutions.

Maybe worth grabbing second one and crossfire it then.

7. Roy Visser

Roy Visser

Ratings:
    +24
  8. Johan Top

Johan Top

Ratings:
    +265
    Still it's weird, I can run with HD4850 512MB and all eye candy. 1920*1080 btw..

9. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    Ye that's what I was wondering. A single 4870 should rape Evo even at that resolution, so somethings not right?

10. Johan Top

Johan Top

Ratings:
    +265
    Adaptive AA must be off. But that doesn't give you any eyecandy. In GTR2 your image quality even gets worse. I got normal AA on 12x

11. Mark Schuttenhelm

Mark Schuttenhelm

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it does "rape" it but when i am in a online league race with 25 cars i really can't put all the candy on.

when i test the PC in 3dmark the score is very good so the pc must be in good shape ;)

I will test that adaptive AA though ...

@ Roy nice find!!

12. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    Is that 3dmark06? If it is it's heavily cpu dependent and main score comes from how fast your CPU is, unless your talking about Vantage?

13. Doug

Doug

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Evo does use CrossFire. I'm running 2 x HD4890's, res 1920 x 1200, AA = level 3 on the Evo configuration table (whatever that means).

I don't know if there's an Evo benchmark to run, but scaling is very good in games e.g. in Far Cry 2 it's about 87%