• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU GTR 3 @ Karlskoga - Thur 02Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 24, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 02-11-17
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,193
    I accidentally cancelled my pitstop without realizing as it was already happening, because I didn't realize I now have the same button mapped to pit menu select and for push to talk for my stream :D :rolleyes: I was wondering whether it will actually count (it seemed to go through as usual and I got my tyres, but still said I cancelled it).

• Wow Wow x 2
  2. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    I've started at P19. Somehow I managed to pass one car cleanly and as as soon as pits were opened I went in. I've lost a lot of time in pits, because I forgot to confirm bloody thing. I've dropped to last position and gradually moved (others did mistakes) to P14 where I stayed till remaindered of the race.

@Ross Garland I am sorry for several contacts. I've missed braking points as I was trying to let you pass and at the same time I was trying to defend position as I was in a battle with someone.

Overall great race and a nice track :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +632
    same for me :D i think i pressed blindly in vr key for pitstop request instead of confirmed one :redface:

4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +805
    Great start to the race made a couple of positions up in the first two maps. Which got me seventh position. And then Wham a ridiculous dive bomber, a manoeuvre which only had one outcome. @Jazz Forsberg. What were you thinking. Not only did you take me out once you took me out a second time further into the race. I appreciate you follow the golden rule but it's not there to be abused you still infect ruined my race. Nor did it do any good to yours. Both these incidents were unnecessary. But I forgive you we all make "mistakes" now and again.:)
    Anyway had plenty of good battles chasing people down as I had no option to do so considering my position after both these incidents.
    Great racing to nearly all, congrats to the podium finishes out of this world pace. Anyway good fun to a point see you on the next one.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,727
    Don't worry mate, no problem. On a track like this it's hard work concentrating on what's in front, let alone what's behind! It didn't really affect my race either so it's all good. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +689
    Been there... Never give up;). You'll always Learn something in the end. Good luck and welcome!
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +313
    Well I was hit from behind on the first lap, second corner..typical racing accident and very easy done, but annoyed that the nameless driver never followed the rules ..I then slid across the track onto the verge ..almost took out George in the process ..nameless driver, why did you not follow the golden rule ?? you just carried on like nothing had happened :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joeks

Joeks
    Premium

Ratings:
    +97
    Awesome track, nice combi ;)..Thx!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +805
    Just watched the replay of your incident. Which was no fault of your own and which caused a further incident.
    I won't be mentioning any names but there is also further incidents where the golden rule was breached. One of them not more than not more than 15 seconds later. I can safely say some people just don't give a s*** about fun, just their ego. And I can seriously stay, I hope they stay out of the club. Or at least get what they deserve. Harsh words maybe but it's meant to be fun which it is for most of us. Race is hard as you like be as aggressive as you like but don't let it ruin other people's enjoyment of the club events. Leave your ego and selfishness in the pits. And try driving with a monachum of control. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,193
    Well, I'm partially responsible for those further incidents as well since I lost control in that corner going a bit too wide and sadly went across the track. In fact I originally thought it was all my fault until I saw the replay, which is why I just waited for everyone to get back on track, including @Buster.

So yeah, sorry about that as well :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +313
    @Martin Fiala ..yes I see you waiting and you let me go also.. but for sure your not the nameless driver..but I know how you feel and I would have done same as you ..."unsure what had happened so you just let everybody through" Don"t be sad eh ...as you well know, incidents will always happen, its what you do afterwards that really counts :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +805
    No need to apologise mate it just made me jump. All I saw was the front of your car it just look like you'll come out of nowhere, as in just appeared there. And I apologise for my belloing a profanity. No harm done.
    And I do understand frustration can get the better of one at times especially with multiple incidents like being taken out as you were. Which I will not comment on here. So don't worry about it too much it happens to all of us now and again.;)

13. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +805
    I don't know who it was but somebody was asking about voice commands. So you can ask for fuel requirements, pitstop, race pace and such like.
    https://voiceattack.com/howto.aspx

14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,193
    It was @kamackeris I believe.

And you don't need Voice Attack at all for Crew Chief, it already includes voice control support, you just need to set it up if you want to use it.

15. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +313
    You need voice attack for the pits ..crew chief does not support this at present, you can say "pits" and "confirm"

The beautiful thing about voice attack is you can program it to do any task you currently have to do manually... of course you just need to set it up...(very easy)

Personally I would not want to be without either ..I guess in time crew chief will "support" a lot more commands, but for now, because I like voice commands I use both.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Enjoyed this track in practice and qualifying, race started well then about 15 mins in got really bad drop in fps which seemed to cause loss of fbb for a few milliseconds which in turn caused me to spin out at T3 after that frustration caused a lot more errors, hope I didn't get in anybody's way towards the end, was trying to keep my pace up to keep position while abiding the blue flags.
    @Calvyn White thanks very much for the setup help, you wouldn't happen to have a nice setup for the RUF at Monza would be much appreciated ;)
    As always congrats to the podium :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +805
    As it happens I do have a rough set up for the ruf at this particular track. What it needs refining a little and to see where it gets me on the leaderboard and then you're more than welcome to have it. Monza is one of my favourite tracks and I do like the ruf ruf, down Shep. :roflmao:
    PS I forgot to mention I'm not home at the moment but I suspect I can get that to you tonight if that's any good.

• Love Love x 1
  18. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Thank you very much Calvyn any help with Monza is much appreciated:thumbsup: not really a track I enjoy:(.Yeah tonight would be great if you can:)

19. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +632

first two laps, it all went to **** after so i decided to skip it :D

• Like Like x 3