• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured GTR 3 by SimBin Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Member Premium Member

Ok here is the deal. gtr3 = hardcore sim. consoles dont do sims they have simcade such as gran turismo and forza. please do no spoil what could be the best sim in history by making it apeal to both console and pc. if you want it on a console make slighly different physics for console versions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. I'm concerned by the admission that they need to casualise the experience.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Yall are getting flustered over hypotheticals when there is basically nothing known about what they want to do besides this very, very early statement.

I imagine they will do what they have already done in RaceRoom. They have the simulation stuff for the sim racers, and then more casualized physics modes for beginners, new comers, and casual players. Adding things like ABS, stability control, TC, etc. does plenty to make it more 'casual' for a console crowd if they really decide to do that... yet the regular simulation stuff is still the highlight, and is what the other physics modes are inevitably built from. :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. What I hope to finally get is...

- Graphic and dashboard displays as in pC.A.R.S.
    - Race settings as in GTR2 (easy way to select which classes and which particular cars will take part in race)
    - Physics as is announced but with one change. Don't make PC version strictly SIM and console version strictly casual
    -Option to save the race and continue it later as in GTR2
    - Modability as in GTR2

• Like Like x 1
  5. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

It is actually possible to hear exactly the same in R3E, but you need to use the Static TV cams or switch on Free Cam mode.
    The intensity of the reverb effect will depend on the place you will stand, so I'd suggest large grandstands in start/finish straights like Monza or Portimao in exemple ;)

• Like Like x 13
  6. Juergen

Juergen
    Premium Member

The wait is over.

And i wouldn`t worry about hardcore and arcade version. Its simple a switch, between GetReal and Casual, so...doesn`t matter (IMHO).

7. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

I share your envy, I want that 993 GT2 back in a sim :D

• Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon...

Nope...for several reasons. The most important ones: time laps. Eleven years and a reorganisation in Simbins department. The game business has changed a lot. Consoles have conquered the market. Hardcore PC simulation as DCS A10C is niche deluxe. On one side heavy PC's and on the other light consoles. Console clones for PC were created to expand the markets business model.
    The whole word "simulation" has been ripped apart. For me simulation is not bound to "fun", unless it is a "fun simulation" but even then:O_o:. I wont say DCS A-10C is fun to play.
    Anyways, the Simbin team that created GTR and GTR2 simply is no more and thus wont GTR3 be in line of the excellent GTR2. In the end KW suspensions is aiming to sell more...suspensions using a game as commercial media while the earlier Simbin wanted to create a beautiful race game GTR2

Well i think it is going to the the ADAC as they are fully licenses for that serie in R3E. The pic shows the Norisring....

9. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Good to see GTR3 is on it's way, but I thought RRE was the one size fits all sim now for Sector3/Simbin

10. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon...

I think it is more of a platform expansion towards consoles than that there will be a complete new game...

11. Completely and respectfully disagree. I have tons of fun the more real it gets. Maybe im "broken" or weird, but yeah.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. YEAH....!!! (cue the GTR2 theme)

13. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

Setting out to emulate Codies products doesn't give me a good feeling. In any case by the time this is ready we should have Reiza's new sim, a fully optimised rF2 and maybe even AC2 so there will still be plenty of sims to play whether or not this is any good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX club driver Staff Member Premium Member

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX club driver Staff Member Premium Member

Will there be a driving school, ive just installed GTR2 again for that purpose...

• Like Like x 1
  16. so long as it's not free to play pay through the nose i'm happy

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. that's the key and AC checked it nowadays

18. screens look so nice!

19. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Member

Don't read too much into the codemasters example.

The idea of having optional driving aids for less experienced players, while maintaining a full on Simulation handling model for the hardcore crowd is nothing new and has been industry standard for a while now.

It will be up to the player to decide how much simulation he can handle.

I'm sure that fans of SimBin / Sector3 games won't be disappointed :)

• Like Like x 25
    • Love Love x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  20. Sounds good to me!