• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured GTR 3 by SimBin Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r

Ratings:
    +91
    Interesting how the hype begins and we basicly know nothing about the game yet and have just seen two pretty screenshots. Besides the fact that I would rather see sim devs setting new benchmarks in terms of physics first or atleast getting the basics right, before they even think about who they want to cater for, I haven't read any word on physics in the whole article wich leaves a sour taste.

Every new racing game these days is like: we have some pretty graphics (wich is fine and dandy), nice sound and some great licenses but no word on physics or similar aspects and we plan on pleasing as many people on as many platforms as possible. Anyway, I saw how Project Cars turned out, so I will rather stay reserved and be happily surprised if it is a highly improved GTR2. Other than that, good luck with the project. :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The Pyjamas Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,468
    Being a big Raceroom fan, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in terms of the development of that platform. With the iRacing-like ranking/licensing system coming into effect this year, further advancements into the tyre model, 24-hour cycle, weather system, track evolution, etc., would be nice things to have in order to compete with iRacing.

Only time will tell! :):x3:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +304
    ...maybe the "not rF3" project was the "GTR3" one?
    Maybe they are helping them...btw, I am curious abot raceroom future now...what of the 2 games will pass between them?

4. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +48
    It's kind of funny when developers talk about simulation on PC and a different approach on console for casual gamers.

In my vision, simulation stays the same on both PC and Console. The physics engine must be the same.

What changes are the driving aids and pad filters you can cutomize to make the driving less frustrating.
    Developers can let you select simulation mode or arcade mode where what changes are just driving aids.

I really hope to see GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 classes, 24h race championships, VLN, BTCC, WTCC and so on.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Ratings:
    +169
    Awesome news. Loved GTR, loved GTR2 more and cannot get enough of R3E. Also a big fan of Race Pro on Xbox 360 when it came out and it was probably the most simlike console racer ever (at the time) so I have high hopes for GTR 3. Simbin have produced a stable of thoroughbred racers and there's no reason to think GTR 3 will be any different IMO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. tonio duran

tonio duran

Ratings:
    +3
    If that makes me happy, I'm glad we're gtr3. When gtr2 is the best simulator in history

7. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +110
    Thank [D]uck for that, they got rid of the ISI Gmotor Engine, that Graphics engine should have been killed with Fire Decades ago.
    If they implement the Unreal 4 engine well enough with their own physics engine, I hope other simracing developers follow suit, and ditch that graphics engine once and for all.

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,234
    Remember this.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JayJayRaceinho

JayJayRaceinho

Ratings:
    +85
    whatever they do, they shouldn't repeat the mistakes others did. getting tired of those half-assed sim(cade) games.

but good luck, UT4-Engine with R3E Sounds is allready a solid base.

10. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +185
    2 things, first, i hope consolization doesn't hurt it, the praise to Codemasters is not a good thing in my book.
    Second, i hope WEC is featured, that would be killer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AC Lover

AC Lover

Ratings:
    +9
    News of the year!!! Bring it on

12. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    *Inserts Randy Fap meme* :confused::cool:

• Haha Haha x 2
  13. -Alf-

-Alf-

Ratings:
    +74
    Agree.
    Codemasters are doing that for DiRT 4, with the choice of Casual and Sim handling, but the Physics engine is the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,146
    So far as I am aware, the physics engine will indeed stay the same, with appropriate adjustments and features available to make the experience less daunting for those coming from a more casual position.

15. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +532
    This all sounds grand, but personally I'll wait to see the proof in the pudding. In the past 2years Ive seen claims of "it will be this it will be that" only to be disappointed. When is a Dev going to build a FULL sim and not water it down for the financial benefits or consoles. At this rate I might have to take up iRacing :whistling::rolleyes::laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C

Ratings:
    +1,171
    yeah, I really hate this kind of announcements with one year ahead, what I am supposed to do now?1 YEAR?and like all new projects, i am very sceptical especially that money talks (I mean this will be a product that needs to make a profit) so catering for both PC and consoles and for hardcore sim racers and arcade will be a huge factor.

17. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    1 year is nothing compared to the 4 months we need to wait until D4. :(

• Haha Haha x 5
  18. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +253
    For those worried about combining the two approaches, others with really long memories will remember the original GTR had an arcade mode as well as a simulation mode.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah, best sounds I never heard on any sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +398
    Yep, no reason to change it anyway, their isi code probably have been changed way too much to just drop it

A simulation mode that had to be updated by the NAP ;)