1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured GTR 3 by SimBin Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Almost shat my pants when i saw the small steam announcement from RD popping up. More sims on the market, the more the merrier. Please no R3E business model and do a good job separating the console and PC version.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Really looking forward to those articles and interviews in the coming weeks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Although, to the best of my knowledge, no one currently working at Sector 3 or the new Simbin worked on GTR or GTR2, it would appear that they have a very firm grasp on what the "franchise" is all about. I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised and very much looking forward to GTR3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Something simular F1 Codemasters game? Nops, I pass this game.

GTR 2 had Ferrari F550, a vero good car to handle, to master your skill. If this new one bring just a bunch of GT3 cars, I will not convince myself to buy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  5. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

oh boy .. stick to what GTR2 did right and this might be very very good ...
    and if they borrow sound engine from R3E

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Oh Yes!!!!

7. This is interesting. Hopefully with weather, good graphics and licensed content, this game will have flags and safety car. Then it will be "instabuy" as some say :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. I don't play GTR2 anymore but out of all the sims it is still overall the one that I enjoyed the most. With an up to date graphics engine, R3E sounds and a team who have a solid understanding of what both dedicated sim racers and more casual racers need I think this game could be a big success.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. So it is Raceroom with a new graphic engine?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

is it? R3E will use their graphic engine but GTR3 will follow different physics path .. and hopefully steal R3E sounds :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. best news of the year so far.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. follow different physics path
    multiplatform
    hmm....

14. :confused::confused:
    This is first time since NFS HP when I'm so hyped about racing game!
    Well, all I can say: everyone aboard hype train!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Besides of a potential revival of the good old GTR2 sim, equipped with a top notch graphics and simulation environment plus the great sound works from R3E, that short sentence above got my attention, too. Would be interesting which route Sector3 will take with its own product R3E. So at the moment this GTR-revival seems to be a technology R&D (that one could buy at some point also on consoles) how the present R3E content and simulation basis could be transferred into a modern environment simulation basis?

16. Listed in the credits for GTR2 is Karsten, Marko, Jay Ekkel (who had a big role in R3E until last year), and Klaus Wohlfarth (owner of KW/RaceRoom AG).

So, while the game was almost entirely developed by other people, a few names remain.

17. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

When you need to convince yourself to buy any sim racing games it's maybe time for another hobby :)

I am very happy with the announcement as I have been waiting since the 31st of March 2010 for this game. Can finally take a rest race now :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon...

My sheer joy went into a "mayday...we r going down" state reading the aweful word: "console".
    Bronski beat: "TELL ME WHY?"
    Jerry Maguire: "Show me the moneyyyy":cautious:

20. This is fantastic news.