1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTP Audi R8 @ Lime Rock, Thursday, 25 September 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTP
    Car: GT Pro Audi R8 Only
    Track:
    Lime Rock [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Nelson Ullinskey
    3. -Daniel Linder
    4. Lars Johansson
    5. -Reggie Blain
    6. -Reggie Blaine Snr
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Sign me up!

May I ask why we're only going to race the Audi's?

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Moderators choice :D
    Every once in a while I like to run a single car or one car against another.

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Got tomorrow's Seat to a (hopefully) reasonable pace rather fast and gave this one a try offline - oh my, what a combo! Great fun!

I'm in :D

5. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I'm not a fan of using just one brand of car, and my mistress, the Vette don't like when I cheat on her.
    But if you promise not to say anything to her, I'm up for this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Shhhh! :ninja:

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

@Björn Golda

Seems like your Audi is not gonna make it. Tell your mechanics to hurry!

8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Why is noone doing this great combo? Yeah, I know, I'm in now...regardless I will be having barbecue tonight at a friend's house and will not be home for the race. Sorry mates. Would have liked this.
    :(

• Love Love x 1
  9. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

No worries, it's gonna be a surprise attendance using an alter ego or something ;)

BTW - that might be just me being weird with gears, but doing a few laps yesterday, I found limitting the gearbox to a 5-speed worked pretty well for me - 5th gear at 26/39, IIRC, or pretty much just the SimBin default setup from Nords ;)

10. Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson
    Premium Member

sign me up Dennis!

11. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Yeah, I took the car out for a couple of laps last night, and I'm gonna stick with six gears. I'm more concerned when it comes to turning. With those high speeds, I felt the turning ratio wasn't that great. Might just been me thou. Sometimes you're in groove and sometimes not.

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Daniel, do you mean you didn't have enough steering lock? Or you couldn't find a gear to run thru the corners at?

13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

It's the steering lock I think. I'm gonna have to play around a little more with it. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's something to do with the feeling of the car. When I did a few runs with the Vette, I didn't had the issue. But as soon as I tried the Audi, it was like, the car really wanted to turn, but were unable to.

Maybe it's so simple, it's just a weakness of the Audi itself? And perhaps it requires another approach to corners. Something I discovered were the case with the Honda during the Tuesday race.

14. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

This mid-engine car should be very willing to turn in. Maybe it is in your setup. Give the rollbars a try and after it play more on the no-power-diff.

15. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Very high negative camber at the front and a soft setup worked for me, also, try to stay on that different patch of asphalt in the corners, the track is flat on the grey areas but there's a lot of camber on that white line.

16. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Yeah, I did fiddle around with the same stuff, and now the car works okay-ish.

17. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

18. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in ;)

19. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Worst combo ever for me. It didn't start out well either, when I entered the server, just to discover it was not the track I have been practicing in offline mode. That's my bad ofc, but I was 100% sure it would be the same track that we raced on Tuesday. So when I entered the server today, I was like :O_o::cautious:

I'm glad I entered 30 minutes before P2, so I had the chance to learn it thou.
    But absolutely hate the R8. I just couldn't get it to work. I tried everything, but it was like the car didn't respond to anything. I tried both positive and negative camber. I tried to have very low/high rebound. I also tried to have to high/low casters. And high/low Anti-Roll Bar, and mind you, I tried every combo I could think off, but nothing worked. Even in the warm up session, I still fiddle around with the setup.

So when the race started, I was angry... No wait, pissed is better word for it :laugh:
    I knew my car were weak, and I knew I would struggle alot. Which I did.
    I considered just to floor it, and crash into a wall, so I didn't had to race.
    So when I finally spun in R2, I had enough. Because I didn't have fun.
    Ofc, thats all on me, but I guess it was just one of those days, when nothing works.

20. Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson
    Premium Member

I´m like you Daniel tried different setup also but finally went back to default setup work pretty well actually Qual. 3rd R1 3rd but I don´t know what happend when the 2nd race started it said waiting for 8 more to join the grid and then you guys took off but my car just stood there I couldn´t do anything, after maybe 10 sec it went off. anyway it was nice to race in Race07 club again so thank you all for a nice evening see you again tomorrow maybe.