1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTL won't load with Windows 7

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by rochellboy, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hi fellas, Windows7 will not let me load GTL? Hmmm, is that the case?

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

@rochellboy - without some special config, yes, that's correct. There are ways around Win7's restrictions, but from what I've read, it's tricky and quite a convoluted process.

I don't know what's required, before you ask, as I'm using it on an XP partition on my PC, but if you search around, you'll find some threads that talk about how to get it done.

3. Ahh ... just spotted this and not yet loaded my GTL back in to my new PC which is running Win7 Pro - was hoping that the "Win XP compatibility mode" would work, if not, be glad to hear of any fixes anyone else has found.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

As I said above, there are a few threads around where people have got it working, Lee.

Have a poke about and I'm sure you'll find something :good:

5. yeah ... will do mate. Just spotted this and thought if anyone has the answer to hand it might save me getting the spade out ;)

6. This thread holds a few different solutions, be sure to read all the way though as I posted many many updates when i thought i'd cracked it only to have my hoped dashed;
    http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/25214-gtl-windows-7-a.html

There is no definative 'one size fits all' solution when it comes to Win7 but it is definately possible to make it work. Good luck.

7. See ... now Tom has the idea :)

Thanks bud :bigmissingthumbsupsmileee: