GTL with Windows 7

Guess what?

After months and months of fine tuning their brand spanking new OS to make it uber compatible with every known application on earth, Microsoft have gone and ballsed it all up again.

GTL will not install in windows 7, at all.

Setup runs fine, then when i go to reboot, 7 fails to load and it goes into auto repair mode which does a system restore to undo the installation.

I have read up and it seems this is an issue with starforce drivers not being compatible, i've tried removing them and updating them but it jsut says that there are no drivers installed.

Is anyone else running GTL on 7, or do they know of a solution to this issue? Just under a week until RDHGP kicks off, either starforce or MS better get writing some patches!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Hi Tom and thanks for the reply :) I have followed your guide to the letter and still cant get gtl to work :( I have windows 7 32 bit installed onto my 64 bit machine so that might be the problem (ordered the wrong version), one strange thing though is that after the first instal when I deleted the starfox drivers in the device manager and in the reg and system 32 folder I have reinstalled gtl a few times trying to get it to work but the starfox drivers never show up again strange?

That is strange - what errors do you get, if any? I don't expect that installing 32Bit on a 64bit machine would cause the problem (doesn't windows 7 ship both 32 and 64 disks anyway?)

Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas as to why you are having the problem - like I said I'm only saying what I did to get my system to work, can't guarantee that it'll work for everyone.

Anyway - let me know what errors you have or what happens when you try to run the game adn I'll have a think.

Cheers,

OK, some remarks involving update to Windows 7,

I did follow the tread Tom put up and after some failures (20 times or so?) I finely had it right but the game wont start, no errors from Windows or Starforce but it wont start!

So I think what have I to lose and put the 2008 crack over it and bingo the game start up!

I am a happy bloke again,thanks for all the help guys:smile:

Well I eventually got it to work :biggrin:, but I changed the resolution and it didn't work again :mad: but I then installed GTL_Light and it worked but now I find that its in german and I cant find anywhere to change it any one know where I can change this or will I have to uninstal and reinstal it :confused:

Yeah I did a full reinstall and got it working again :cool: but now Ive a new problem I cant hear my own car or any of the other cars? own car volume and other car volume are greyed out in game :confused:

if any of you guys are using 64bit version of Windows 7 and you can't connect to any server, here's a fix for you...

create a batch file (for example "gtl.cmd") with these lines in your GTL directory:

Code:
forfiles /s /m *.GDB /c "cmd /c rename @fname.GDB @fname.gdb"
start GTL

use this .cmd file to launch GTL instead of the .exe file...

source

I've just discovered that you can stop Windows 7 from disabling all unsigned kernel level drivers by hitting F8 at boot and selecting the option concerned. This may well overcome all of the problems with GTL but from a security point of view I don't suggest that you do this as a primary soution, just as a last resort.

Thought people might be interested - I think it can be turned off permanently but i'm unsure where this option lies within the OS, the boot option is just a one time choice like safe mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back