GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Ok I made a new profile but never did any settings ..just when right through the windows ...loaded our track and the 4.2 and got on offline ok.

I went to multiplay and was unsure as what to use for the usewrname and password.. I assume I should use my present ones with the older profile.. not register ..just log on ???

OK - cool.

So it would appear that your Jack Smith profile got a bit corrupted.

You can try and use your online username & password that you've been using until now (the "April" one iirc?) to get online with the "new" profile and correct, just log on, not register.

Try going online using that and don't worry about controller/ffb config or anything else yet.

Baby steps for now, so if it does got mental again, we know exactly where.

Not good. Put in the old username and password but needed the username to be capitalized, so did it again and logged on ok. Put in the server password and track loaded and then crashed. Tried offline and the same problem all over again. Tried to get back online and the server is acting like it is down again.

I deleted the new profile because it seems corrupt.
Any ideas

Update. Game installed, profile quickly setup but no FFB settings, tried Unlocked cars and tracks, but had to follow your post on unlocking the tracks because I had done the profile first.. All unlocked now. Went online on the server"FRRACERS.EU.MOD" and choose the porsche and the game crashed.. Went back online and tried three other cars in the selection window and all worked. Tried the Porsche offline and it worked fine..assuming the Porsche was not eligible for that event...too scared to try it agaiin right now.;) I will be away from the computer now for about 2 and one half hours.
When I return I will try to load our remaining tracks for the league, any mods, skins needed for the league, XD, and the downloads needed for tomorrows race.

Any others?

No luck. After doing a new install of GTL, unlock track/cars, XD, Jaq skin mod everything worked fine but as soon as I installed the 4.2 mod the game stops working again and crashes to desktop. I have downloaded the 4.2 mod three times.

No luck. After doing a new install of GTL, unlock track/cars, XD, Jaq skin mod everything worked fine but as soon as I installed the 4.2 mod the game stops working again and crashes to desktop. I have downloaded the 4.2 mod three times.
If you want to, you can try the following:
  • Make a new user profile
  • Go to Gamedata/Teams/TC-65/Jaguar MkII 4-2 and...;
  • ...remove the folder "4.2 MKII interiors" and the file "Driver.gtl" and the file "Dunlop VM1.tyr". Put them somewhere safe outside the GTL install
  • Try offline race. Run GTL as administrator
  • Move "4.2 MKII interiors" back in and try again
  • Move Driver.gtl back in and try again
  • Move Dunlop VM1.tyr back in and try again
  • -
  • If it works without some of the files you can try the same with online. You would probably get a mismatch without the .TYR file though
I get an error because of "4.2 MKII interiors" but I can still race online.

BTW. Before you go online. Try to do 2 timed laps around Canam layout before you go online (you only have to do this one time).

I would suggest only gtl, the unlock , a new profile and jag 4.2. test offline first on 1 or 2 different tracks before trying online ... Small steps.. make sure the game runs and the download works before introducing other things.. dont even set up your wheel;... and 1 at a time and check

Scrubb that,,,, Knut's on the job..:)

Ok I made a new profile but never did any settings ..just when right through the windows ...loaded our track and the 4.2 and got on offline ok.

I went to multiplay and was unsure as what to use for the usewrname and password.. I assume I should use my present ones with the older profile.. not register ..just log on ???

Not sure if this is help or hindrance but:

When we changed back to the Simbin Lobby, I couldn't get in or register with my old profile name. So, I re-registered with a new on-line name (Used wad63 instead of wad53) entered my normal on-line code and it accepted it fine.
So maybe you are able to register with a new name for your new Jack Smith profile which seemed to work (based on what you posted back a few hours).

Since you are still trying to use and older profile and still having problems, maybe worth trying to delete the files in the Hat Folder and the Results Folder. It will create new ones when you next drive them.

If all else fails, I'd be inclined to clean everything out, and re-install GTL and create new Profiles etc, then slowly introduce the mods needed to your plr file to get everything as you want. Same for any old setups etc.
Whenever I have these sorts of problems, I always find it quicker (and safer) in the long run to completely start anew.

Just my tiny but very conservative thoughts if you are getting nowhere.
I assume you have checked your PC for viruses?

If you want to, you can try the following:
  • Make a new user profile
  • Go to Gamedata/Teams/TC-65/Jaguar MkII 4-2 and...;
  • ...remove the folder "4.2 MKII interiors" and the file "Driver.gtl" and the file "Dunlop VM1.tyr". Put them somewhere safe outside the GTL install
  • Try offline race. Run GTL as administrator
  • Move "4.2 MKII interiors" back in and try again
  • Move Driver.gtl back in and try again
  • Move Dunlop VM1.tyr back in and try again
  • -
  • If it works without some of the files you can try the same with online. You would probably get a mismatch without the .TYR file though
I get an error because of "4.2 MKII interiors" but I can still race online.

BTW. Before you go online. Try to do 2 timed laps around Canam layout before you go online (you only have to do this one time).

Tried but No luck. Everything works fine until I try to load the 4.2 mod, even with all three above items removed. Game crashes to desktop. What about another complete uninstall and reinstall?

What areas should be selected in the GTL.exe under compatibility because I have tried them all and may have gone too far?

Not sure if this is help or hindrance but:

When we changed back to the Simbin Lobby, I couldn't get in or register with my old profile name. So, I re-registered with a new on-line name (Used wad63 instead of wad53) entered my normal on-line code and it accepted it fine.
So maybe you are able to register with a new name for your new Jack Smith profile which seemed to work (based on what you posted back a few hours).

Since you are still trying to use and older profile and still having problems, maybe worth trying to delete the files in the Hat Folder and the Results Folder. It will create new ones when you next drive them.

If all else fails, I'd be inclined to clean everything out, and re-install GTL and create new Profiles etc, then slowly introduce the mods needed to your plr file to get everything as you want. Same for any old setups etc.
Whenever I have these sorts of problems, I always find it quicker (and safer) in the long run to completely start anew.

Just my tiny but very conservative thoughts if you are getting nowhere.
I assume you have checked your PC for viruses?

Hi Warren. I have already done the uninstall and reinstall of the GTL. Installed each item one at a time and ran the game off line with success until installing the 4.2 mod and again the game crashes

I have not done a virus check ...will do now.

Good news..Warren and I did a lot of trouble shooting and as of now the game is working on and offline. Fingers crossed for tomorrow...confidence is a bit low ....confused as to how my game got so messed up in the first place. The Trace file showed all kinds of errors. Will it happen again? Can I trust it?

It worked fine at the last race and I only downloaded and installed the files needed for tomorrows race and bam....problems.

Warren thinks he may have a reason for the trouble begining.

There were some peculiarities different in my game than is his which has us scratching our heads

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%