[GTL] TC-65 @ Linkoping National - 28th May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

NEWS FLASH! TRACK CHANGE - EVENT NOW HELD AT LINKOPING NATIONAL, SWEDEN!

Hi Guys!
Another GTL event to test your mettle on. Due to unforseen circumstances the event is moving to Linkopings in Sweden though the TC-65 cars will still be used.
See you all there!
If everyone can specify which car they are using when signing up that would be appreciated.

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: 28th of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: TC-65 series - Abarth 1000 TC, Lotus Cortina, Alfa GTA, Ford Falcon, Ford Mustang, Jaguar MkII and Mini Cooper S.
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Linkoping National, Sweden (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory - Take it easy in the pitlane as its very small! You may have the first garage so if you fly in to the pitlane you will miss your spot. (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1100

Signups
1 Andy Marsden - Abarth
2 Warren Dawes - Mini Cooper S
3 Simon Bacon - Lotus Cortina
4 Hans Sneep - Alfa GTA
5 Neil Tennant - Cortina
6 Jerome Benard - Alfa GTA
7 Nevermind - Abarth
8 Krister Larsson - Alfa GTA
9 Traumatic - Cortina
10 Kristofer Larsson - Cortina
11 Evo 9 - Alfa GTA
12 Ramon van Rijn - Alfa GTA/Cortina
13 Edika - Mini Cooper S

Reserves

Think I have to get back home from work early today!:Wacko:
(or maybe go out to the real track and change a few things and make it slippery since that's the conditions I've been driving the circuit in real during winter. I can tell you the turn just before the long straight is a nigtmare with ice on the track:bike:)

Evening!
I have to duck out guys, really sorry....no, no reason, i just cant be bothered to play on my computer when there's exciting things to do like pack the house up ready to move....arrrrrrgh!!!

Sorry guys.

Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

• Andy Marsden

Well that was an extremely fun and pleasent evening of racing :)

QUALIFY
Not too bad, managed to set a 1:09.9 which gave me 8th on the grid. Setup seemed fine with minor adjustment to Steering Lock, Diffs and Gearing.

RACE
Decent start, passed Warren before the first corner. Touched the grass a little after turn 2 and clobbered Warren as I fought the car causing him to roll, sorry about that mate! :)
Steadily climbed to 4th after a few people fell off the track but made a few similar mistakes myself and ended up back in 6th. Had some good scraps with Jerome B, Stephane D and Simon B for a good 6 or 7 laps till the pack started to spread out. Pushed my fuel tank to the limit and came in from 2nd at the end of lap 21 with the fuel light on (not bad for 19 laps of fuel). Not a bad pit stop and rejoined in 3rd a full 27 seconds clear of Warren in 4th. Spun a few laps later exiting the chicane which allowed Warren to catch and eventually pass me. Fought off Simon Bacon (may have casued you to spin at one point mate, apologies) and stayed 4th till the end, an online personal best! :D

OVERALL
A very enjoyable race and thanks to everyone for a very fun and clean race. Was very surprised that only 2 retired and didnt see anybody wrapping themselves around the tyre barriers at the chicane! :D
Only 1 very minor gripe - during the last 7 or 8 laps after I pitted I was put under immense pressure from Jerome, this I wouldn't mind as its a challenge. However you were a lap down on me mate, it could of ended a lot worse than me fighting off Simon (reminiscent of Cadwell though reversed :)). At the end of the day though it was a very, very minor gripe so not to worry! :)

As I said a very enjoyable race guys and I look forward to the next GTL event though with me being busy over the next few weeks with a friends wedding, my girlfriends 21st and a short holiday in New York im not going to be able to race, the PCC at Orchard will be my last till after the 17th June.
See you all on track again sometime and would really love to race around Linkopings again in the future, maybe the 'oval' variant.

Andy

• Erik Åhlen

Qually: Took fifth with a 1.08.2, pretty happy with the Abarth there

Race: Got a pretty good start and was fifth after the first laps. Noticed I was a lot faster in and after the chicane so tried to push extra there to keep up with the cars in front of me, of course it resulted in almost hitting the tyres on lap four or five and some lawn moving. So down to tenth, with Warren in front of me, tried to keep up with him and moved up to fifth before he did his pit stop. Then just tried to put some good laps in before my stop. Actually had the lead for some laps :p The pit stop was rather stupid, went in, pressed enter on the board, waited, waited, nothing. Then after maybe 2 minutes they started changing the tyres o_O So two laps down and seventh in the end

Qual: Happy in 6th with 1.08.9xx, fastest I'd been all day.

Race: Got off to a flyer, into 2nd by turn 1, to my surprise I stayed there until me and Ben went side by side for a couple of corners, then I was 3rd. Still pretty good until I got it all wrong and ended up 9th. No worries, put the hammer down. Ended up having a series of battles with Andy, I think, which resulted in me getting over excited going for the overtake and promptly spinning out. Came in for pit stop (was surprised Andy was in as well at lap 21 'cause I only put 16 laps worth in to start!) Came out in 5th, went after Andy again, somehow caught him but it just wasn't going to happen.

(reminiscent of Cadwell though reversed :))

One day one us is going to overtake the other, at which point I'll probably stop the car and crack open a beer:drunk:

Another great race, excellent racing. See you next time.

Simon.

That race was certainly eventful, but as usual, a lot of fun.

Qualy P4, reasonable time (1.07.6) but couldn't quite find a rhythm.

I was blown away at the start, as I expected ( not a strong point for the Mini), but dropped in behind Andy. Unfortunately, Andy went off track on turn 3 but as he re-entered he came back across the track and hit my front, rolling the poor old Mini. Now i was last with the field well and truly gone. I managed to quickly work forward thanks to some spins in front, then had a good scrap with Stephane's Mini and Erik's Abarth. Erik was certainly flying that little Abarth through the chicane.:alla:. Jerome and Andy had a bingle in front, so Erik and I got to continue our "little car" battle on for P4 and P5 for a few laps.
I moved to P3 before going for an early pitstop before things got busy in there. Yuk! What a mess I made of the pitstop. My pit crew fueled the car (all I wanted), but proceeded to repair it, wash it, repaint it, cut and polish it, checked the tyres, detailed the interior, and also had a cup of tea. After an eternity and dropping a couple of laps :rolleyes:, they released me to race again, back in last place.
I kept picking up places, others must have been using my pit crew as well :p, and eventually finished P3.

Grats to Ben for the win, and Stephane for bringing his Mini home 2nd. Two Mini's on the podium, yea!. :jumping:

Thanks everyone for some more GTL fun. I'm off to Malaysia tomorrow so won't see you all for a couple of weeks. Keep the GTL interest going please.

• Jerome Benard

Very enjoying race, long life to GTL on RD with more people i hope.:thumb:

thanks all, we have a good times on the track.

See you at the next GTL event.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years