[GTL] TC-65 @ Linkoping National - 28th May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

NEWS FLASH! TRACK CHANGE - EVENT NOW HELD AT LINKOPING NATIONAL, SWEDEN!

Hi Guys!
Another GTL event to test your mettle on. Due to unforseen circumstances the event is moving to Linkopings in Sweden though the TC-65 cars will still be used.
See you all there!
If everyone can specify which car they are using when signing up that would be appreciated.

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: 28th of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: TC-65 series - Abarth 1000 TC, Lotus Cortina, Alfa GTA, Ford Falcon, Ford Mustang, Jaguar MkII and Mini Cooper S.
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Linkoping National, Sweden (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory - Take it easy in the pitlane as its very small! You may have the first garage so if you fly in to the pitlane you will miss your spot. (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1100

Signups
1 Andy Marsden - Abarth
2 Warren Dawes - Mini Cooper S
3 Simon Bacon - Lotus Cortina
4 Hans Sneep - Alfa GTA
5 Neil Tennant - Cortina
6 Jerome Benard - Alfa GTA
7 Nevermind - Abarth
8 Krister Larsson - Alfa GTA
9 Traumatic - Cortina
10 Kristofer Larsson - Cortina
11 Evo 9 - Alfa GTA
12 Ramon van Rijn - Alfa GTA/Cortina
13 Edika - Mini Cooper S

Reserves

I just downloaded Warwick Farm and tried it out for a few laps. No problems for me at all.
Pity if we can't try this track, I actually thought it was really nice, it had an old historic feel to it, and nice and tight too. Graphically it looked really good to me, well made.

Anyway, if you are looking for another Aussie track, Hidden Valley has a similar Aussie country flavour, or even Phillip Island but it is a different style of track, much more open faster and flowing.

One other track that many people may not have thought about, but I know works well for TC65 cars, is Moirana, not Aussie (far from it lol), and it is nice to drive.
I'm sure Krister would know about that track. :D

EDIT: I'm on XP as well, but I can try it on my laptop with Vista and let you know.

One other track that many people may not have thought about, but I know works well for TC65 cars, is Moirana, not Aussie (far from it lol), and it is nice to drive.
I'm sure Krister would know about that track. :D

Yes I know about it but Ivan Novi should know more living in Norway. Time for Ivan to to make his entry in the GTL I think whatever track will be used. And definitly if Moirana will be used - a field without a driver from Norway? - No way!

The local tracks I have where I live is Mantorp Park and a smaller track mostly used for bike racing - Linköpings Motorstadion (also known as Sviestad). Mantorp Park is used in the STCC series. (And is also the main drag racing circuit in Sweden).

EDIT: I'm on XP as well, but I can try it on my laptop with Vista and let you know.

Hmmnn! Looks like I can't try it with Vista. For some reason now, GTL won't work on the Vista PC.

Probably something to do with the damn Starforce protection. I had it working OK after the starforce driver update, but now it won't load GTL.
I've read of others having the same problem. Another problem to solve but it will have to wait. :throw:

EDIT: Got my GTL working on Vista again, I had the video setting wrong lol.
Anyway, Warwick Farm seemed to be working OK on that PC as well.

• Andy Marsden

I'm running Vista on my laptop and have never had any problems with GTL thus far (except updating the starforce drivers so it would actually boot) so this has really annoyed me :(
I downloaded Teratonga from NoGrip last night but have yet to test it, that could be another alternative.
Krister - I downloaded Linkoping some time ago so we could try that...though the tiny pitlane may catch some people out hehe! :D

EDIT: Ok guys i've decided upon Linkoping National to replace Warwick Farm. I've updated the top post so if one of the admins/managers could edit the thread title that would be appreciated. Sorry to cause bother however if the track is causing a problem with one or perhaps a few of us it would ruin the evening.
Thanks for being understanding :)

Andy

I don't think Linkoping is a good choice for this (but it would be funny to see someone enter with a Falcon or Mustang:D :brancard:)

EDIT: OK, Linkoping here we come. Who will take the challange driving a Falcon or Mustang? - Not me!
(This track is very close to where I live so I could probably hear the race if I open the window...lol)

• Andy Marsden

The challenge is half the fun lol :D
I may swap to a Falcon, going to give it a few laps round Linkoping to see how it likes the track and how it handles (have yet to drive a Falcon lol)

Andy

I tried Linkoping National and it seems to work ok for me too. Sure doesn't look like a Cortina track though, I may have to revert to my old mini again, :).

Well Andy, if you take the falcon and get to the front, no one will be able to pass you, you'll have the whole width of the track covered. That little chicane will be interesting for you though. :brancard:

Krister, is that your house at the top of the track (behind the Ikea signs?? :circuitzolder:

• Andy Marsden

Haha it sure is a narrow track :)
I've managed some clean laps around it with the Alfa with no problem however the RWD POWWWWWEEEER Falcon maybe a different kettle of fish entirely lol :D

Andy

Krister, is that your house at the top of the track (behind the Ikea signs?? :circuitzolder:

No. Have to look when back home what it is but I can guess:D

The attached screen capture from Google Earth show the motorsport area in the upper right corner under the cloud. You can just se part of the area. I live in the lower left corner area where you see the name "Ekholmen".

In the upper left corner you can see the air field belonging to SAAB - the airplane manufacturer. Yes the one building the fighter plane that went down in the center of Stockholm during an air show some years ago.

(And btw the golf course is just below the lower right corner, less than 10 min from home..:thumb:)

Attachments

• Sviestad.jpg
    Sviestad.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 245
Haha it sure is a narrow track :)
I've managed some clean laps around it with the Alfa with no problem however the RWD POWWWWWEEEER Falcon maybe a different kettle of fish entirely lol :D

Andy

I've just tried them both. With the Alfa I managed 1.11.8 and mostly stayed on track. With the Falcon, after some excursions here and there, I finally managed to stay on track for some laps and did 1.13.3. Oh man what a beast on this track, but the sound is just wonderful!:alla:

• Andy Marsden

I wonder too Warren.
I'll have a practice session with all the TC-65 cars over the weekend and see which one suits me best, may stay with the Alfa but we'll see :)

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years