GTL Setup Event – Tue 30th October 2012

flyer1gen.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Mods: Main mod pack ( Download ) + Soundpack ( Download )
Track: Skidpad ( Download ) + Zolder ( Default track )

Event start: 20.00 GMT

Note 1: You will need to use Teamspeak for this event. If you don’t have a microphone you can still use Teamspeak to follow the event by listening, and I will keep an eye on the in-game chat where you can join in on the discussions and ask questions. ( Teamspeak setup guide )
Note 2: We will also use Xd for the setup testing ( Download here )
Note 3: To display the front wheels in cockpit view open your PLR file and set Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1"
Note 4: Please pick car number 1 for the event

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Peter van Zanten
  8. Jacob Boonstra
  9. Ian Strom
  10. Senad Subasic
  11. Ondrej Kapal
  12. Dmytro Botnarenko
  13. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  14. Markus Hakamo
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Thanks for your time and effort. Really nice on your behalf. Although I did not retain it all, I can now at least go back to the skid pad and redo things over and over until I see all the relationships involved.... at my own speed.

A vary unique event and certainly adds to the special atmosphere found here at GTL.:)

I don't have any apples but I could offer my sister... she's a real beaut when she has her lower teeth in. We hope to get the uppers for christmas:thumbsup:

Here's a real-life scenario which shows some of the things we discussed (look under Suspension section):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Dauphine

The car was designed with double-wishbone suspension at the front (decent camber-recovery) and a swing axle at the rear (large camber variation).

When the car brakes or when you lift of the throttle, the car pitches so that the front dives and the rear squats. Because of the suspension design, you get more negative camber at the front (more front grip) and more positive camber at the rear (less rear grip) and the result is oversteer as we looked at. Overall it gives a very unstable handling with a lot of lift-off oversteer. The problem was solved with:
  • a front anti-roll bar (more weight transfer at the front axle-> less front grip)
  • decreasing front tyre pressure (less front grip and a more "flimsy" tyre structure).
  • increasing rear tyre pressure (slighty more grip and "stiffer" tyre structure)
The result is neutral/understeer on turn-in and good amount of understeer on exit. So it is quite compromised by the suspension design. But it demonstrates how you can use anti-roll bar and tyre pressure to move the handling balance towards stability and understeer

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%