GTL Setup Event – Tue 30th October 2012

flyer1gen.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Mods: Main mod pack ( Download ) + Soundpack ( Download )
Track: Skidpad ( Download ) + Zolder ( Default track )

Event start: 20.00 GMT

Note 1: You will need to use Teamspeak for this event. If you don’t have a microphone you can still use Teamspeak to follow the event by listening, and I will keep an eye on the in-game chat where you can join in on the discussions and ask questions. ( Teamspeak setup guide )
Note 2: We will also use Xd for the setup testing ( Download here )
Note 3: To display the front wheels in cockpit view open your PLR file and set Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1"
Note 4: Please pick car number 1 for the event

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Peter van Zanten
  8. Jacob Boonstra
  9. Ian Strom
  10. Senad Subasic
  11. Ondrej Kapal
  12. Dmytro Botnarenko
  13. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  14. Markus Hakamo
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

oh yes its all working great, I did the plr thing to see the tyres also..
the number on the right side of the suspension display above the front wheel is mirrored though.. but i look at the needle moving between the lines not number...:D

Anyone now how I get rid of the Garage sounds ?

I'm not sure how to remove them tbh. But either way they wont help with the problems you had with Teamspeak. There will still be a lot of feedback from the people talking and from the game sounds when you are driving. Unless you find a way to fix the issues with the mic I think it's better to just turn off the mic completely for now. You will still be able to hear us though. There's a button to mute your mic in Teamspeak:
utennavnhw.png

Another way is to check a button voice-activation in "Options - Capture". I have one of the buttons on my steering wheel which activates my microphone.

Guys, personally me will be more a listener than speaker. As my speaking English is weaker than my poor writing English. :rolleyes:
And I want to ask: will we have enough time for all of these without doubts interesting sections? Personally, I can offer is that if our training will be rather long, we could break it up into two different days. Unless of course, if it is convenient to Knut and others.

Another way is to check a button voice-activation in "Options - Capture". I have one of the buttons on my steering wheel which activates my microphone.

Guys, personally me will be more a listener than speaker. As my speaking English is weaker than my poor writing English. :rolleyes:
And I want to ask: will we have enough time for all of these without doubts interesting sections? Personally, I can offer is that if our training will be rather long, we could break it up into two different days. Unless of course, if it is convenient to Knut and others.

It should be possible to cover all of it, but it depends. If something needs more time and explanation/discussion we will use the time we need. It's the first time we do this type of event so we will see how it goes. I'm sure I will have a better idea after the event, and if there is enough interest we can run more of these.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%