GTL Registration Fix

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
I made a fix for registration of new online drivers also.
Warren pointed to me this was still not working.

I also found where in the code the referral to the old domains are, so might be able to work together with SB on a fix.

The fix is basicly the same as the normal fix but it uses domain www.gtl-server2.net as domain name with the same ip address. This domain is used for registration of new drivers.

Manually adding "81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server2.net" to the hosts file does the trick or use the attached cmd file.

I have informed SimBin about a GTL fix i can create if they decide on a new domain. It will be a proper fix without hosts file tricks :)

Attachments

• FixGTLRegister.rar
    189 bytes · Views: 320
  • Bert Van Waes

Ok, the hart is pumping again on a normal rate, these 3 alternatives look promising. Tx Warren, Sam and Amir!!
Now let me try this...:coffee2:

It's all about the same file you 3 guys posts. And it doesn't seem to work, i created it myself. Now let's try downloading it instead, maybe i did smth wrong...

(Still on the new pc btw, waiting to test it all on the old if absolutely nothing works. And i still believe myself the registering is still blocking the whole thing, even though it shouldn't go to the lobby when you press lan like you guys think, it actually does when no user at all is registered in gtl. So in my point of view, every person who buys gtl now can't use any off these helping hands simply because the game is still not registered to use online...)

• Bert Van Waes

...Guess what... Games Not Ava*****!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh, i'm getting crazy here...

Oh well, last option then...

On to the old pc with a used to work online version so no need to register GTL. And first try these methods before the antideco.

Unless the community using it now could mean smth. I read you are looking into it Stuart in the other thread closeby this one. So maybe now i just wait another day and hope good news falls out off the sky. And test it also on the old one.

• Bert Van Waes

btw, the host file i posted from my pc, is that what you were talking about when to delete smth in the host file Stuart, delete these GTL-servers? can i safely delete these?

what is this host file. Is it safe to mess with?

Sorry for all these stupid questions but man, these sides of a pc are totally new for me as i never before had to mess with such stuff...:embarrassed:

...Guess what... Games Not Ava*****!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh, i'm getting crazy here...

Oh well, last option then...

On to the old pc with a used to work online version so no need to register GTL. And first try these methods before the antideco.

Unless the community using it now could mean smth. I read you are looking into it Stuart in the other thread closeby this one. So maybe now i just wait another day and hope good news falls out off the sky. And test it also on the old one.
hi bert. if you want i will open a host game now. i will send you in pm my ip. just reply if you want.btw did you put the file i attached in the previus post to the gtl directory?

OK - I've added the RD server to the new lobby as outlined in the posts above, I've just connected to it via a NON anti-deco GTL session, and using Internet rather then LAN/Direct IP.

Interested users, please try it out.

Mr Van Waes, my fingers are crossed for you.

it's working :good:.
i folowed sam's post( number 44) downloaded the file. then put it in the main gtl directory and had to register again. got conneted via the reguler internet connection and saw the rd server and many more.
bert ignore my previus post. that's the right way to solve the problem.

I guess we can't all be lucky, it isn't working for me.

After putting the file into the GTL main directory, and restarting GTL, clicking Internet, it doesn't ask me for a new registration.
I get a message - Log in failed - General error

I've tried lots of things:
1. Re-boot router
2. Re-boot PC
3. Try to register again (it keeps coming up with my old registration details, even if I enter a new registration name)
4. If I ping the bierbuden.de address, I get a reply that all is ok
5. Tried entering the bierbuden.de IP address into the Local_IP_Lobby.txt (as advised on No Grip).

None of this works for me. All I can think of is to wait for a day or so in case the dns for Australia is slow to change. Do I have to remove any previous host files from my windows system ???

I dropped the file into my GT Legends directory.
I created a new account, and when i clicked search i could see the looby :D :woop:

I don't need to do anything to find the RD server do i?(change something else)
I know the rd server isn't up but i just want to make sure i have a working GT Legends

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back