GTL Registration Fix

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
I made a fix for registration of new online drivers also.
Warren pointed to me this was still not working.

I also found where in the code the referral to the old domains are, so might be able to work together with SB on a fix.

The fix is basicly the same as the normal fix but it uses domain www.gtl-server2.net as domain name with the same ip address. This domain is used for registration of new drivers.

Manually adding "81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server2.net" to the hosts file does the trick or use the attached cmd file.

I have informed SimBin about a GTL fix i can create if they decide on a new domain. It will be a proper fix without hosts file tricks :)

Attachments

• FixGTLRegister.rar
    189 bytes · Views: 321
Did you try it just now?

Because there is no game on the server yet. It should have worked yesterday when there was an event at 1900 GMT. But right now there is nothing on the server so I get the same message as you.

The next event is tuesday or next thursday, you should check again when the server has been set up for one of those:)

• Bert Van Waes

Aha, that's what i thought but being in a new position to explore it i wasn't sure.

Tx Knut! :)

I will test it then!:rotfl:

• Bert Van Waes

As you all can see, i'm in total panic mode now. The best league on this board is about to slip out of my hands. I couldn't even remember were the info was and all. My god...

Tx Ivo for such quick and helpful responses.

• Bert Van Waes

what about gtl patch 1.1? necesary?

For the rest, i'm doing this already 3 days Ivo. And in 3 days still "no games available"

Problem is with "no games available" it shouldn't be a problem. Like the guide anti- deco explains... Reboot here and there and it should work... Not here though. :(

• Bert Van Waes

reinstalled GTl, after that installed the patch 1.1, after that the anto-deco patch.

Strange thing is i don't even need to put the online key-code supllied with gtl disc in the box, because the box doesn't pop up.

So guys, it's still "no games available"...

Tx for all the help anyway!
Appreciate it!:)

Bert, I know you've probably done it, but you are running GTL via the new Anti-deco icon on the desktop, yes?

The only other thing to check is that the hosts file isn't set to "read only" - anti-deco does need to overwrite it, and if it's set to read only, it won't be able to.

• Bert Van Waes

Yep i'm doing every bit like everybody and every post, text file says... I'm trying Stuart, and hard, believe me.

Now that host file indeed is the only left probable solution, but seeing it all happen in the dos window (anti- deco start up) i don't get any warnings what so ever.

I won't give up for another week. I'll do every bit in the guide you posted on the first page. Problem is, this is the final solution.

edit: The file is not read-only, option read only not ticked on... :(

• Bert Van Waes

I think now the only thing i can try is plug it all back into the old pc and install the anti deco patch there. I used to race that install online before so maybe...

• Bert Van Waes

in the host file this is written:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
127.0.0.1 localhost

81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server.net

81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server2.net

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?