GTL Racing Club This Week: The European Tour

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
A026_2010_07_09_LeMansClassic_Plateau3_09.jpg

This week in the GT Legends Racing Club, we are taking an old favourite out for a spin on a couple of short courses, and then taking our first trip out in a legendary vehicle on an interesting, yet lesser used layout of a well established circuit.

First on Tuseday, we are taking the Lotus Elite out for a single make blast around the Mondello Park National Circuit, followed by the Hockenheim Short Circuit. Both allow the Elite to show off it's party piece of the sublime handling it posesses, meaning close, hard but fun racing in a tightly grouped pack. It may be the slowest GTC65 Class car, but it regularly gives us some of the best racing in the Club.

Then on Thursday, we are trying out the Volkswagen Mk1 Golf GTI around the Reverse Layout of Saponaro. This hilly course has a multitude of corner types, and so will make a great testing ground for this all-time classic car.

VW-Golf-GTI-Mk1-01.jpg

To find out more please come along to the GT Legends Racing Club, and see what all the fuss is about.
View the Post on the Blog

Im laying here in my pit hoping i can join in the fun tonight but its not looking good ... typical we have some great cars and lovely tracks to drive on...:( I was have great fun driving the golf last week testing i kind of got carried away on that track.. i think i was feeling sick at one point with all the ups and downs."Jacks going to have a blast with his new triple screen setup" he might need so motion sickness pills.. but it was fun with a capital F :) ... and who does'nt like a lotus.. LOTS OF TIME USING SPARES as my dad used to say..:roflmao:

Well, of course I already know what the fuss is about... this is a no-brainer.
All I need now is to find the time to skin a Golf like the Mk1 I used to own longlonglonglonglong ago...

I might not of been racing but I was there watching the action from the pits, And boy did that look fun, the tight and twisty courses looked real good as the lotus strutted its stuff. There was action going on right through the pack in both Races. Some good battles were taking place as nobody wanted to give up keeping tight lines making it hard for people to pass... Stuart and Leszek were on good form in both races, with Senad proving his no slouch in race 2 pulling of some great passes. I think Jack pulled of the save of the race getting it all crossed up and somehow finding the right direction again and not loosing a spot.. (looked real good Jack) I heard Warren laughing on t/speak as he also got a birds eye view of it..:O_o:
So lets hope the world doesn't end and we can all enjoy the next part of the mini European tour on Thursday.. Bring out the golf's and let the roller-coaster ride begin:D
But don't worry Warren has told us he will let us know if the end is nigh.. the benefits of living in Australia i guess. he gets it first :)

I think Jack pulled of the save of the race getting it all crossed up and somehow finding the right direction again and not loosing a spot.. (looked real good Jack) I heard Warren laughing on t/speak as he also got a birds eye view of it..:O_o:

Lol, it was quite funny to watch. Jack also pulled off the longest, most slow motion, high speed spin I have ever seen at turn 1 Hockenheim. :roflmao: Unfortunately, this time he couldn't save it (tried valiantly though) and did lose his spot. :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%