GTL Racing Club This Week / 09

Well it's here - the first race of the new GTLegends league. 32 drivers, 9 different car models, all with plenty of custom liveries (some brighter than others). After weeks of testing the cars were finally chosen, and recently we all got to go on the server where the times were there for all to see. Its going to be close - maybe the closest season yet. Each car will have its day with the tracks coming up, the Algarve is the first one we get to try. The track has constantly changing gradient throughout the span of a lap, giving uphill and downhill braking zones, turns and affecting the cambers greatly to increase the difficulty tariff. The track is very wide, and gives multiple lines through many of the corners, allowing for overtaking to be eminently possible.

And on Thursday we will have a easy night of driving, I think we may need it. First up is a good old Mini race, and who can resist one of those (I cant), and then for race 2 we put the driving wheels (and engine) in the back with the awesome Abarth TCR - the mini muscle car... We will drive both cars round a super little (and new to us) track by barcika called Eastmidge. Its got a lovely flow which will mean a tight battle for both races. Sounds like fun, so why not come and join us..

The GT Legends club - come and see what all the fuss is about.

View the Post on the Blog

After last nights testing it became clear to some of us that this is going to be close, even with a 1 to 2 second advantage per lap it was still hard to pass and make it stick,
The power cars can claw it back on the straight but the nimble cars get you in the corners..you have to pick the right part of the track to make your pass to use your advantage to get ahead, but your having to overtake when your opponent has his strong part of the track.. very trick but should be great fun trying. patience is key and also watching your lines, knowing which part of the track is best for you.
some cars will be strong at the start some will gain in strength as others slow due to possible tyre wear..
it may be a waiting gain for some to take advantage later on in the race..
So with a few hours just over 8 hours to go... are you getting that tingly feeling yet.. I am

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back