GTL Lobby Fix

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
Reason for GTL going down is the expired domainname. So if the lobby is not going to us anymore, we just go to the lobby ourself.

The old IP Address of the Lobby server (www.gtl-server.net) was: 81.3.59.61
So to cheat the domain name system we just edit our local host file and tell Windows the www.gtl-server.net is this ip address and not the new godaddy ip address.

In command line language the fix is:
Code:
@Echo off
Echo. >>%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
Echo 81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server.net >>%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
Thats the contents of the included FixGTL.cmd file :)
I have updated the RD server (.198) and started a Dedi Server. Checked it on my own pc and I can connect as usual.

Have fun!

[Edit]
If someone did the "antideco patch" patch first then you have to undo that one first. They can't work both together.

Open your hosts file with notepad

With Windows Explorer browse to the folder
c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\

Right click the file 'hosts' and select Open or Open With
Open it with Notepad

Make sure you delete all lines containing "127.0.0.1 www.gtl-server.net"
And just add this line once: "81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server.net"

Save and close the file and (re)start GT Legends. Thats it.

Attachments

• FixGTL.rar
    179 bytes · Views: 744
  • Bert Van Waes

Lol, seeing Ramons explanation i was just like... Wow, this is going to be hard. But then i read what Kris said, haha, is it that easy? Just click the thingie, and then fire up GTL? Did it! Hupla

Anyway, again tx Ramon :)

Greets

I have not been doing any GTL events because I can't get the fix to work. My computer won't let me change the file. Not sure what to do. I am using vista 32. Any help would be appreciated. Not very good with the computer so if someone can help make it in the simplest terms. Thx:sarcastic:

if you are talking about the hosts file, you may have to change it to be read/write - a lot of the files in Vista are Read only by default.

You can do that by rightclicking the hosts file and looking at the properties, and changing it if Read Only is ticked

Hi guys,

I just checked the German GTL community web sites and so far, as I've read correctly (due to lack of time I only scanned through the post) they got it fixed!

However, I don't know if they fixed it only to work for their community or if this could be applied to RD as well!

I will check this more thoroughly later on today!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back