[GTL] GTC-TC-76 @ Hockenheim GP 11th April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Lets keep the GTL fun going and see if anyone can challenge Kari's supremacy. Since we are all mostly still learning about this fabulous game, lets stick with the theme of default cars and tracks. This time we step up to the next class and try out the GTC-TC-76 beasts.

Date: Friday 11th April 2008

Track: Hockenheim GP (default)

Laps: 35 laps

Cars: GTC-TC-76 Class
Note: Default skins only.

Server: RaceDepartment

Password: homesweethome

Schedule (GMT time)
19.00 GMT Practice
19.30 GMT Qualifying
20.00 GMT Race

Please Note: This is one hour earlier than the last GTL race at Monza, since some people were unhappy with the start time.

Server settings
Dry weather

Signups

1 Hansje - Porsche (that orange one :p)
2 Roy Stevens
3 Heppu
4 Warren Dawes - Porsche 911 or Pantera??
5 Lux770
6 Mark A Warmington
7 Theo de Bruin - Porsche 906
8 Jesper
9 Andy Marsden
10 Nevermind - Pantera
11 Yoeri Gijsen - Porsche 906
12 Wee_Eck - Porsche 911
13 ezpi
14 Peter Gog - Porsche 911
15 Dubbe - BMW

Reserved drivers

• Andy Marsden

Sorry for the late post, cant make it tonight, only just got GTL through the post and haven't installed it yet, maybe next time :(

Andy

• Erik Åhlen

That didn't go to well.

Took pole in qually. So far, so good. Then in the race I lost the start to Yoeri in his Porsche and for the following laps I had a pretty good battle with him, which allowed Kari to close up. On lap four (?) while being side by side with Heppu before going in to the stadium complex I put a wheel on the grass while braking and spun the car. Then made a couple of more spins before retiring after maybe 10 laps and everyone lived happily ever after. End of story :)

Well, I forgot there isn't that much time in GTL before the race so I didn't have time to fuel up the car... so started the race with 9 laps of fuel. I just thought I'd drive and fill her up for the remaining laps but then I forgot to watch my fuel meter while I was trying to keep up with Nevermind (lost cause lol!) and ran out of fuel in lap 10...

Thanks to Yoeri for sharing your setup, in the end I mixed your setup with mine which worked out pretty good I think!

You're welcome Theo. I'm no expert myself, but I'm glad it came out well. Too bad to hear about the fuel.

I had been practising on the 906 and Hocks for a couple of hours, because I really had a hard time getting hold of it. Light car and very easily unsettled during the braming, so I had to take car.

I did a 1.53 high in both Practise and Qualy and that made me smile. Up untill the actual event 53s had seem impossible. Started of third behind Erik and Warren's Pantera's were less dominant than I thought, but kept the upper edge nonetheless.

I had a pretty good start. I could close in behind Erik and pass Warren before we actually got to T1. Erik went wide and I took the lead. A good fight came from that as Erik's Pantera and Heppu's Capri came rushing by at the straights (did you see me wave? :D) and I made up for that in the corners. It was fun for a lap or two, but then Erik spun and one later later I followed the example. Heppu was gone from that moment (Déja vu, all the way :alla:).

I came back on track and joined the fight between Peter's 911 and Ezpi's Capri, which was equally exciting (Erik was there as well I think, for a while).
On the way to the 'Spitzkehre' I lost control of my 906 whiel braking and I came spinning in the two guys in front of me. Luckily for me I managed to slide by then before serious damage could be inflicted... what a relieve that was.... I managed to catch up again and the fight continued.

Unfortuntaly for me I picked up a cut in T1 and had to come in for a Stop n Go. My race waspractically over and we weren't even half way. Couple of laps later the same thing happened and I had to come in again. Lost over a minute on the leader by my stupid mistakes.

All in all I drove a steady race. Kept my lap times in the 1.55's nearly all the way and I guess that I had set my 906 up properly for a longer race, because I did not slow down in the end.

Too bad I drove half the race alone, with no objectives, but then again the battles in the early stage were well worth the effort.

Thanks guys for a great race! I'd love to race you again next time.

Gratz to Heppu, Peter and Eck for their podium finishes. Terrific job!

The race was good, I lost a few places with an abismal start, then the rest when spinning all on my ownsome in turn two... lol.
I made a few places from others misfortune, and found myself in the company of Warren (yet again).
I suddenly found myself in third and catching Peter in 2nd, but it was taking what felt like a very long time. And at no time, did it feel like I was beating Warren. He loomed very large in my mirrors... most of the race.
While trying to find a way past Peter, who was defending very well indeed, I ran over the turn three kerb... and yet again, spun right in the path of Warren. He duly collected me, but got away before me.
A lap or so later, I found myself intouch with him again (I think he may have spun, judging by the smoke). Whatever, it gave me a little incentive... and I ran a kerb again... the spin left me time to make up again.
When I eventually caught up, we had a real tussle swapping positions and paint. Culminating, in a serious coming together in the stadium section. I stopped n waited for him, let him go... but he later said he'd got a stop n go.
I truelly am sorry it ended that way, we were having a damned good race. From where I was atleast....

Thankyou all, for a great race, especially Warren for his organisation too.

Grats to Heppu n Peter for 1st n 2nd respectively.

Well that was an eventful race, but I was expecting that when I decided to try and drive the Pantera. It is the most demanding car I have ever tried, but I wanted to see if I could make 35 laps in it.

Qualified in P2 with a PB of 1.53.7, beside Nevermind's Pantera. It is always possible to do one good lap in the Pantera but to keep it up all race was my challenge, so I went for a much more conservative setup for the race.

Unfortunately, I received a little tap from behind entering turn 2 which sent me spinning sideways into the corner (and picking up a cut track warning to boot). Now P7.
Ezpi, who waited to redress our tap (thanks mate) then passed me. I eventually came across Nevermind who was obviously finding the Pantera a handful (I can fully understand that) and after trying to avoid his sliding car (a couple of times lol) Eck caught and passed me.So I settled into my usual race long dice behind Eck and we kept it that way for about 20 laps. Somehow I moved to P4 (pitsops and spins in front??).
As we both started to gain on Peter in second, Eck managed his customary spin in front of me but this time it was along the long straight and I had the Pantera wound up to about 190MPH so stopping was out of the question. So I drove off track to miss him, but he still managed to spin off track right in front, so we hit hard. The Pantera lost its splitter, and now became a hugely difficult proposition to keep on the track. As I struggled with it, Eck caught and passed again, but we stayed togther to battle for P3, but I was really driving a pig now as the tyres were also giving up the ghost. I managed to slip passed Eck but we had another touch a little later in the stadium turns, which sent me slidding across the bend and into the wall. To add to insult, I received a stop n go for that incident as well. After pitting, I just limped home for P6, rather disappointing after trying so hard to keep the Pantera clean and undamaged.

Not my favorite track for sure. In practice i got something 1:53 and in one point i was 0.5 sec ahead in sector two but i ruin it my self in last sector. In Q i was hope to go very low 1:53. Starting my Q with half tank because tire temps was bumping around in practice. I got something low 1:54. Then i try with steams, improved only tenth or two and gain third position.

Messing around my setups and appear onto grid just one sec before time ends:) Lights went of too quick, forget to put first gear in and after that i got lots of wheel spin. Lost only one spot to ezpi and gain it back as ezpi had his moment in turn one. Down to straight after Warren, Erik and Yoeri. Got ahead of Warren as he brake way too early in to T2. The next few laps i was catching up Yoeri and Erik while they were battling each other. Don't know exactly how it happen(struggling to be awake) but in some point i pass Yoeri and soon after also Erik. In next lap they both spun back of me and i was driving alone. Trying to push a bit in order to get in the mood, witch result me two cut track warnings. From there it was nothing but the struggling all the way to the end.

I was too sleepy to get any fun of the race but i didn't want to skip this race like i did FD event.

See you in next race:thumb:

I had only one hour to practice for this race, so I made an "easy to drive" setup, not concentrated on the lap times, and to be honest, this is not my favourite car class.

In the first half of the race I pushed really gently, because I wanted to take care of my tyres and not to make any big mistake, but it wasn't so easy between Ezpi & Yoeri. Then I was lucky with theirs sng's. In the second part Eck made me sweaty. He was much faster then me. Maybe my gear ratios saved me at accleration, then I could close the overtaking positions.

Congrats all, it was really good and fair race! See you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%