1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[GTL] GT40 @ Zolder - Thursday 23rd October 2008

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Andy Marsden, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Car(s): GT40
    Skins: Default Only
    Track: Zolder
    Practice: 18:30 GMT (20mins)
    Qualification: 18:50 GMT (20 mins)
    Race: 19:10 GMT
    Race Length: 20 laps (100K)
    Pit Stops: optioinal
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT GTL
    Password: click here

Notes

Sign-ups close 1 hour before practice starts.​

There are 4 reserve slots. Reserve drivers will be notified of free slots, in this thread, during the last 15 minutes of practice.​

1. Ben Tusting
    2. Hans Sneep
    3. Warren Dawes
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    Reserves:
    1. Marc Good
    2. Amir Mar
    3. Driver
    4. Driver

2. sign me up please

3. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Sign me up please Andy,

Where are all the guys?? driving GTR Evo fore sure....

Hans

4. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Wish I was Hans, working nights Mon - Fri next week and then off for a bit of a holiday. May make it back it time for the Cortina night race on the 30th but I'm not 100%.

Simon:)

5. Now that's an event I'd really love to join - the GT40s are a blast. Sign me up for a reserve spot please, I got an appointment on Thursday already.. but maybe that's gotta be 2nd priority, can't tell yet.

6. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Working always interfere with Playing....

Have a nice Holiday (were ar you going to?)

Hans

7. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Nothing concrete, just going back up north visiting family and old friends. Definitely be a stop at Mallory Park on Sunday 26th though for a bit of historic saloon car action from the 50's, 60's, 70's. :woot:
    I'll take me camera:D

Simon:)

8. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

photo's or movie? (then you will have the sound to!)

:woot: you can say that fore sure, this gonna be a Perfect day,,,,,

Hans

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I've never really tried to drive one of these monsters, so this could be a real challenge.
    I'll keep Hans company.

Now we just need some more entries. :peace:

10. you forgot me Warren :)

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

No, I mean't for the racing, you will be blasting off into the distance. :wave:

12. Hope so:)

But never driven a GT40 before and if there are low numbers i would stay with you

13. i will try to make it , not sure yet so sign me up as a reserve please

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Since we have such a small field for this, in an attempt to maybe encourage a few more, I have reduced the length of this event to 20 laps (half the original).
    These brutes will be hard enough to drive, so maybe the shorter race will be more fun.

C'mon guys, hop in and try these out, they are insane to drive and the sound is awesome.

15. good idea Warren :)

16. i will be there . it looks like a good race tonight so lets get some more ppl in. it sure is more fun then the stcc add on i just tried.

17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

That was great fun, there were only 4 of us but I enjoyed it.
    These GT40's are seriously difficult cars to drive.

Hans, Amir, Ben, and I decided to run two 10 lap races to provide more interest (also in case we wreck the cars early lol).
    Amir showed immediately that he was very good in these monsters, some very quick laps and good car control. Ben was obviously quick but needed some practice to get used to this beast of a car.

In Race 1, after running with Amir and Ben for a while, I waited for Hans to keep him company. I had some huge laughs following Hans, as he kept hitting the gas too quick with some spectacular spins. Sorry for laughing so much but it was so funny to watch. :hug:

Race 2, Ben left but we decided to test Amir some more, and see how far he could win by. Unfortunately, Amir and Hans managed to crash each other off the line (someone hit the gas too hard again??). So I decided to give Amir something to chase to keep him tested. Sure enough he rounded me up and pulled off a neat pass after about 8 laps, but he then got too enthusiastic trying for a spectacular time, and lost it.

It was still a heap of fun, thanks guys. You don't get to drive a car like this in real life, but it sure was a blast. Gotta love that sound. :D

18. that was indeed great fun. the 2nd race was a real fight with warren and i was sliding all over the place.realy enjoyed this one warren :peace:. it is realy sad that only 4 of us raced tonight but i hope it is mainly because the stcc pack came out. btw as we discussed earlier let's have a new league with the 70's car. it will be good that i promise

19. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

First race I used the setup from Amir ,good not handle that car was all over the place but not on the track,an with Warren behind me I look to much in my mirror
    and make it worse then it already was,but driving behind Warren is always useful

Race 2 was allot better(except my start,hit Amir sorry fore that) to eager to get a fast start,this time my trainings setup that was better for me did change the brake bias to 60-40 (thanks Warren) and hit only one gravel trap and one time a wall,did my PB 1.57.7xx (in training last evening 1.58.8xx)

So I had a use full evening and I am glad that I make somebody laugh:yo:

I am with Amir about the cars of the 70 series ,we have done a lot of races with the 60's now, a new challenge is welcome....

Something else, I get a almost new Computer this weekend(1 year old) to replace my old rick(from 2002!) so I have some work to do setting all my
    things over,I have all my games on a second hard disk ,I hope that I can switch that to the new Comp. would make the sings a bit easy fore me..

Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.