GTL ENDURANCE: Mercedes 300SEL @Lausitz GP - Sun 17th November 2013

490542Mercedesenduroflyer.png

EVENT POSTPONED until Sunday 17th November
Server name:
ENDR RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Mercedes 300 SEL 6,8L ( Download ) updated 5/11/2013 please re-download and install new version after deleting the old one
Track: Eurospeedway Lausitz GP( Download )
(Alternative download HERE) (Optional TV Cams HERE)
Note: if you have downloaded the track from the first link you already have the optional TV cams installed.

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

This is an Endurance event :
Qualification start time:
GMT 20:00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 20:30 (36 Laps Approx. 80 min)

Important Please Read

For this event we are using a modified version of the original Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8L mod made by DonPanoz. Permission was granted by DonPanoz to Yves Larose to make the modifications to the mod and use it for the event. The modifications are the following:

- Tyre wear has been modified to suit the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption.
- The fuel tank has been reduced to 75 Ltr compared to the 140 Ltr of the original mod.
- The fuel consumption has been made higher than the original mod.
- Liveries have been added and/or deleted.

Note 1: Tyre and fuel will be set at normal
Note 2: Only the skins that come with the mod please. The first 22 signups have to pick a different livery, after that the next 22 sign up follow the same rule. See liveries choice pic below, just indicate the livery number (orange number) you want to use with your sign up.

175566Liverieschoice.png

Note 3: Unpack simply extract the GameData folder to the main GTL folder and let it overwrite if asked. If you already have the mod installed it is recommended that you move it to a temporary location before installing the new one. It is also recommended that after the event you replace the modified version of the mod with the original one to avoid any conflict in further events that use it.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby.
Note 5: Qualy is an unlimited laps within the qualifying period.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all drivers and this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
Note 7: The track boundary is the white lines and 2 wheels must remain between them at all times even on the oval part of the track the wall to the right is not the track boundary. the first oval part is between turn 5 and turn 6 and the second oval part is between turn 14 and turn 1 ( see track map below)
353740Trackmap.png

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:

1. Yves Larose #8
  2. Rupe Wilson #12
  3. Steve Walker #17
  4. Antonio Tavares #21
  5. Hiroshi Awazu #5
  6. Allan Ramsbottom #22
  7. Garbea Florin #19
  8. Roland Warmenhoven #6
  9. Dmytro Botnarenko #1
  10. Hyji Sinderin #2
  11. Philip Brown #4
  12. Jack Smith #18
  13. Hans Sneep #9
  14. Christopher Vrettos #20
  15. Mike Bishop #14
  16. Markus Hakamo #15
  17. Andrew Jarnell #10
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Skins in bold red show they are already used and cannot be picked again until all skins are used
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
Rules:

Pitting Rules and Procedure Click ME
Also rule: 8 & 9 Failure to pit correctly will result in a penalty !

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit. and thanks to Yves for making this happen

Last edited:
1212.png

But that was the wrong file i think and was the skins that had problems.
it should look like this in the folder
note the car number folder names have changed but the skill will still use the old numbers

Last edited:
I have to say that my full participation in this event is uncertain, as I again have weird FFB issue during driving this car. Last time I had same problem durind RDHGP s9 with Nissan Skyline. The car behave in usual way but sometimes (once for a lap or once for 10 laps, there is no regularity) ingame car wheel sticks to one side during cornering for one-three seconds. During this I can't maneuver and I can go into the wall or another car. After it ends and I can handle the car. I will look on it during online practice and qualy at the server and then I will take a decision on the continuation.

P.S. Now I see that such a problem I have only in GTL and only with some Mod-cars with relatively heavy own FFB. Merc has very heavy FFB comparing with default cars.

I have to say that my full participation in this event is uncertain, as I again have weird FFB issue during driving this car. Last time I had same problem durind RDHGP s9 with Nissan Skyline. The car behave in usual way but sometimes (once for a lap or once for 10 laps, there is no regularity) ingame car wheel sticks to one side during cornering for one-three seconds. During this I can't maneuver and I can go into the wall or another car. After it ends and I can handle the car. I will look on it during online practice and qualy at the server and then I will take a decision on the continuation.

P.S. Now I see that such a problem I have only in GTL and only with some Mod-cars with relatively heavy own FFB. Merc has very heavy FFB comparing with default cars.

Sorry but couldn't make it to the end of the race :(

Is there some problem with mod, with car #15 (#81), do I have something wrong with my wheel setup or is my G25 going to broke...?

Did not have time to do proper testing for this so maybe deserved this and run into issues during the race.

I used 800 deg rotation in logitech profiler and 24 deg steering lock in game. I noticed in garage that wheel was "shaking" just a tiny bit. On track the FFB felt relatively heavy, but I got used to it and did not alter FFB strengt or anything.

During qualifying I noticed that my G25 "neutral" position is slowly shifting to either side. I disconnected USB cable plugged it back, it seemed to help but then I noticed that FFB was very weak and "floaty". Even restarted my computer during qualifying, and it helped a bit.

During the race my steering wheel neutral position started to shift clockwise again, so that by lap 5 offset of the neutral position was like ~100 deg, it was pretty impossible to exit corners when you was never sure when front wheels are straight... then I hit the wall. No big deal, by lap 20 or so my steering offset would've been 400 deg so anyway could not turn to right at all anymore..

I'm pretty sure there was no problems when I run practice offline.

And one more thing, I guess have also Mercury mod installed.

And one more bit of information, I have been using modified FFB profile found in first post in this thread
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ffb-and-steering-wheel-settings-for-gtl.45299/

Clues, anyone? ( @Rupe Wilson ) How about server, is it possible to test this a bit later on? ( I know, should have tried earlier in first place...)

And yet one thing after sleeping overnight, thank You guys for putting this event!:thumbsup: I liked everything except my renewed steering :confused:

Last edited:
We have used this track with other mods before and no one complained about wheel centering issues, so I'd say it seems related with the Mercedes.
The Mercedes does have very strong FFB. In my Fanatec CSR Elite wheel I use around 60 to 75% FFB in most cars, but in this Mercedes I had to reduce to 50% and if I had some more practice time I'd probably go even under.
I guess the only way to know ( @Markus Hakamo ) is to test online (since you didn't noticed it off-line) with very week FFB settings, to see if the problema remains...:cautious:

Totally disappointed. I was not fairing that well anyway but starting to get the hang of it, with lots of driving left and I decided to pit at the end of lap 14.

Please take note ... don't locate the "Slowing to Pits" button anywhere near your "Esc" button. :thumbsdown::cry:

Thanks Rupe for the hard work. Cheers to drivers and podiums.

It was quite a surprise for me to finish second last night, and with 12 overtakes! :D
Overall it was an interesting experience, but in my opinion the Mercedes would be more suited to faster tracks, as it was very hard here to extract the true potential of the car in the twisty sections of this track.

I was not at all confident last night, especially after seeing other drivers do lap times 4 secs faster than me. :O_o: I joined about one hour before the race, as I had no practice with the Mercedes on this track. There was a lot of work to do: adapt to the car, build a decent setup, check tire wear and fuel consumption to plan the 2 pit stops strategy, check the driving and gearbox choices of the faster cars, etc. I quickly found out that it was too much work for the time I had, so I concentrated on the pit strategy. I decided to take some risk and only change tires once and save some time in pit to compensate for my slow lap times. According to XD, a full 75 ltrs tank would allow me 16 laps, so y strategy was to start with 70 ltrs and pit at lap 12 to refuel another 70 ltrs, and at lap 21 to load 75 liters and change tires. After 15 laps the tire wear was awesome (around 20!...) and I had to really go easy on the car to be able to keep it on the track. it was a relief when I finally managed to pit for the second time and got fresh tires. To my surprise, I found myself gaining positions when other cars went to pits, and started to close on Roland in the 2nd position. He was fighting with his car, so I was able to overtake near the finish and keep my 2nd place after Yves. :)
In the first laps I had another interesting fight with Roland and Steve, and I must apologize to them and to Markus (I think it was him...) for some less controlled overtakes under braking in which I might have forced them to brake more than usual to avoid me; it was the result of my lack of experience with this car. :redface:

Well that was a fun night it had it all for me,
got a good start and although i think i was never going to keep up with Yves i was doing ok with
Dmytro, but he had game problems and left :(
So it was getting lonely until the pit stop...
Made the mistake of not putting fuel in the car, (could of swarm i set it to a full tank)
as i left the pits i realised i hadn't and then got a drive through
so 2 extra pit stop needed.
Had allot of ground to make up then.. i was catching the guy in front, and although i should of pitted i could not help have a good number of laps with Roland. (think he had the same idea)
We had to have a little race at least :thumbsup::thumbsup:
So when i pitted i knew i was now out of sync with were i wanted to be so to make it interesting i put on fresh rubber and just enough fuel to finish with.
With about 6 laps to go i was 14 seconds behind the 2 cars battling for 2nd and 3rd
every lap i was getting closer and with a lap to go i was right behind him and Mike
I made a mess of a overtake on Mike Bishop who was right on Roland's bumper trying to pass.
I thought your race was over Mike, you was lapped 5th and 6th place had already pulled over at the finish.
When i saw i was in trouble i braked to hard and locked up the brakes, and in trying not to hit anybody I hit Roland in the rear :(
So the last 3/4 of the lap i just followed Roland round and we crossed the line together..

All in all great fun well done to all that finished.:thumbsup:
well done Yves on the win :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Overall it was an interesting experience, but in my opinion the Mercedes would be more suited to faster tracks, as it was very hard here to extract the true potential of the car in the twisty sections of this track.

In the first laps I had another interesting fight with Roland and Steve, and I must apologize to them and to Markus (I think it was him...) for some less controlled overtakes under braking in which I might have forced them to brake more than usual to avoid me; it was the result of my lack of experience with this car. :redface:
Without previous experience of neither car nor track I must say I genuinely liked the combination, of course my lap times were not on par with fastest guys, and steering problem was big hurdle for me, but in principle :)

But no problem with your overtake of me, clean and fair as far as I can see :)

that was a fun event tho a bit lonely in the race :roflmao:

Practice: no one was near my best time so i was already expecting a lonely race if i wouldn't make any mistakes, also during praccy i tried different gears for the start and decided that starting in third gear was the safer way :)

Qualy: as i was expecting i got the pole over Dmytro by 0.600 which surprised me as he was much slower during praccy. did my personal best time tho which was better then i was aiming for :)

Race: not much to say there, my start was good enought to maintain P1 at the first corner, from there start pulling a gap but my XD was showing Dmytro as a DNF so i had to manage the gap visually which was annoying :O_o: until he dropped out. after that the gap to Rupe was showing in my XD which was back to normal. pitted the first time at the end of lap 13 took a full tank and 4 fresh new rubber :) to my surprise :confused: Rupe got out before me when i was about 14 second behind me before the we entered the pit, now i know why he got out infront of me and that he let me pass him cause he had no point to fight since he had to pit again. from there i didn,t see anyone around me except when i was lapping someone took the checkered flag and the win with a near 2 minutes gap to Antonio in second place.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%