GTL connect help needed.

Hi all, I have managed to get GTL to start w\ my Windows 7 system thanks to the GTL Fix thread on RD.

I can enter the game offline, get onto tracks, drive etc; however, my problem is when I tried to connect via ip to my buddy's hosted race I get an error message something like " game version does not match, host may be running a different version".

I do have v 1.1.0.0 installed and I even had him dl the patch and install it but the same error appears and we cannot connect.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Senad & Warren, update.... Your recommendation for the .gdb files worked; however, instead of getting the error message "the host may be running a different game version" once I pick my car and click the arrow to go into the server the progress bar at the bottom will load to about 75% and then i get kicked out of gtl altogether and it takes me back to the desktop and says "GTL has stopped working windows will notify you if a solution is found."

Any ideas on a solution for this one? Many thanks!

Dunno, you could try searching for *.txt or *.log files in the GTL folder, maybe you'll find something.

I remember someone said that he got that error for having some kind of a pad adaptor plugged in. He checked the log, and saw something about it in there, unplugged it, and it worked.

Hi Senad and all. Update: I got everything working! It took me 2 uninstalls and the 3rd install did the trick. When I started this thread the game was working except connecting to any online game, then while trying to solve that issue I managed to make the entire game stop launching.hehe

Thus, that was the reason for the 2 uninstalls and reinstalls following the steps in the thread for W7\GTL. I think the 3rd install I left the broken :) .exe out to get everything going but I do not remember for sure. Nonetheless, it works and I now see the lobby w\ some servers in it and joined some open practices.

I appreciate all the help and advice!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years