GTL Club This Week: 50s and 70s Classics

Next week in GT Legends Racing Club we race two very iconic mods from two very different eras of motorsport.

On Tuesday we introduce the great VW Scirocco mod by Team CC and Friends. Starting off with the close-to-stock Group 1 car around Nürburgring Sprint and for the second race Group2 ETCC car round the full GP course. Expect a very high-quality mod with plenty of lift-off oversteer and three-wheeling.

On Thursday we return to the roaring 50's icons of Aston Martin DBR2, Jaguar D-Type and Ferrari 250 Testarossa made by DonPanoz. This time we're racing around the great Jops Grand prix de la Neuveville.

For more information, visit the GT Legends Racing Club

[youtube]

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

mmmm, I'll think about it, maybe ill pop bye for a little look...:unsure:
"WHO am I kidding". Of course I will be there, I wouldn't miss it for the world :D

And wow what a mod the scirocco is, so many cars and different classes...(how did I miss that)

Well last night was the Scirocco cup old school GTL style... so for all those that missed it ..
we had 12 drivers and it was a blast... the first race was the group 1 we had some pretty impressive lap times posted by the top guys on the Nurb short... but all car qualified in about 2 to 3 seconds of each other..As we set off in to the first bend the pack tightened and there was a bit of bunching to get the best exit with a couple of taps and dinks. But Stuart had more damage and had to take a trip through the pits on the second lap for repairs and quit when his car was still showing signs of damage.. without hesitation the other driver involved also pulled over his scirocco as a sign of sorry of his indiscretion and they both sat and watched a great battle unfold in-front of their screens.. As I watched the replay later there was some great battles going on throughout the field for the whole race.. I was on my own for allot of the race in 3rd position. with the top 2 always just round the corner and sadly pulling away.. the 11 laps flow by and I managed to romp home with a podium...

Race 2 was another wow race on the Gp circuit. This time we all made it through the first turn and had a great procession of cars nose to tail for a good few laps..
In front of me there was the start of a good battle between Bob and Stuart there always great to watch and even better to be part of but i was just a second or so off there rear ends and just could close the gap to put in a challenge..i had other to contend with first i had Carlos on my rear and then as the pack thinned out a bit i noticed i was being pursued ..yep it was Knut... there he was a small speck in my rear view mirror.. every lap he was gaining and a knew at the pace he was setting by about lap 10 he would be right on my tail. I was still pushing to try and catch the 2 in-front which was a great battle by the looks of it. But still mindful that one mistake and my lead over Knut would be gone .. And on lap 10 I went to deep into a corner and my 1.5 second lead over Knut was gone ...there he was large in my mirrors and ready to pass.. well I think I lasted 2 more corners before he vanished out my rear view and was along side of me ... I braked a little early for the next corner to see him pull and nice pass round the outside and take the position away form me... In the battle ahead I saw a car in front slowing it was Stuart running on vapours. OOOPs after a few more corners we crossed the line to end what was a great night of racing.. ..

a quote from Tim
"A great night of racing, where the 2 races went by in a blur of maximum fun! I even managed a 6th place in R2 due to consistent racing (and Stuart running out of fuel on the last lap. UL mate). I'm now going to collapse from nervous exhaustion"

a quote from Eck
"Great racing gents, I'll let you all decide, whether I enjoyed the races, or not.
Grats to Roland nice double 2nd place finishes. Grats to Rupe and Bob, on their respective 3rd place finishes".

Lastly from Jack (the woodman)
" I especially noticed the care shown by drivers at the start corners..specifically Race 2 where I was in a pack and was never bullied.."

Now just look at what you've missed ... maybe next time ...
or better still come join us on Thursday night for some fun and racing..
tune into t/speak for some great banter or just to listen to the fun...
(were usually on the server the night before for some practice, and testing the limits of the cars )

full story http ://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/vw-scirocco-nurburgring-short-gp-tue-13th-november.59361/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%