GTC76 @ TI Aida 05 - Thu 21st June 2012

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Porsche 906, Porsche 911 RSR, Ford Capri RS ( #89)
Track: TI Aida 05 ( download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: Free car choices for both races

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Andrew Jarnell
  4. Carlos Diaz
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Peter Van Zanten
  20. Roland Warmenhoven

The 2 Porsches feel immense around here, haven't tried the Capri yet, but forgot what a great track this is.

I tried the Capri and I can't keep the rear end behind me lol. I thought the RSR would be the hardest to drive for me but it was actually the easiest after a little time setting it up. The 906 is awesome right out of the box, very little tweaking to make it perfect.

OK, where's everyone? I can't believe these cars and this track only got the attention of 5 of us! I almost want to suggest it gets postponed in hopes of a larger grid.

I just freakin LOVE this track!!!!:thumbsup: It's got to be up there with Watkins and Laguna Seca.

Race 1) I was doin pretty good in practice and I even qualied 1st. But as many of you know, whenever I qualy well, it all goes to hell lol. This time it was all my fault though. Right after Q I go into the garage and added 2 degrees of negative camber to the front, I felt my RSR was a bit understeery. HUGE mistake!!!! Car didn't brake as well as before and even though the turn-in was a bit quicker now the rear end was also a bit more loose. I ended up missing my braking points more than once (that's an understatement lol) and spinning out so many times I lost count.
I was so disappointed with myself I had to grab the same car in race 2 and do it better the second time around.

Race 2) RSR again, I was determined to drive an entire race without any offs lol. I didn't qualy in the top 3 this time, which was a good sign, since we all know what usually happens if I qualy well.
I got into a bit of an early battle with Roland right from the start. In lap 2 or 3 in T1 Roland spins and bounces my way, luckily there was absolutely no damage done to the porker and I'm able to continue. Somewhere mid-race I find myself in second place about 4 or 5 seconds from Eck. He's doing a hell of a job driving the spank out of the Capri, so I don't see me passing him anytime soon. Well, a few laps later poor Eck goes wide and off the road just long enough to hand me first. I try and drive as hard as I can knowing that Eck will surely do the same trying to get his place back. Eck is slowly but surely closing the gap, and I can't drive any faster without risking a spin. Lucky for me, the race was just short enough to let me win. A couple more laps and Eck would've had me.

Grats to Roland for Race 1
Thanx to Knut for setting this up, sorry he couldn't be there.
Damn shame more of us didn't show up for this.

Oh Roland, don't worry too much about stopping to say I'm sorry after you bump into me, I know you don't mean to. Next time just get back on the road ASAP brother;).
You can always apologize after the race, that's what I do, cuz I don't have my quick chats set up lol. Trust me, I've been racing against you guys long enough to know that you are all courteous gents:thumbsup:.

Oh yeah, it was very unintentional, I still don't know exactly what happened... but I was losing lots of time anyways and I know it's not a great feeling to get knocked off when you're fighting for the lead so it felt right to me to apologise on the spot.. :notworthy:;)
I'm sort of used to messing up on a regular basis, I just feel really bad when doing so harms another innocent driver..:(

This race night certainly wasn't all bad though, certainly not! I had imagined to pick one car -the 911RSR in this case- and do both races with it to get to know it a little bit better..
However the setup for it that Stuart so kindly shared really transformed it from a rather unforgiving, somewhat scary -in my head at least- light-fronted powerhouse into an very forgiving easy to drive piece of machinery...
which a grandmother can easily drive to a Walmart to go shopping :roflmao:
Result: I could finish a race in a very powerful car WITHOUT screwing up really bad, and even better, WIN that race !!!!:):alien::D
I'm gonna get this setup framed and hang it on a premier spot on my virtual wall of fame!

However, for me this also took the logic out of driving the same car for R2, so decided to renew my bond with the 906, especially since I missed the recent event at Piddy. Could get it to work quite well, but failed to complete another race without errors... first the incident involving Carlos in T1, then another spin from stepping on the gas too soon with Stu on my tail - which was copied perfectly by Rupe later on in the exact same spot:laugh:- so ended up having a really fun battle with Rupe for, dunno, 5th place or so?? doesn't matter, it was good fun anyway.
Grats to Carlos, and Eck and Stu who all did awesome laptimes..
Grats as well Carlos for HEAT winning the NBA title, and hope you got your fridge fixed and all:laugh:

Thanks all, despite the limited numbers I certainly had a blast on this track! Thx Knut, you should've been there. CYA next time..:thumbsup:

I'll sign up, cause I've got nothing better to do.
Of course you don't! You probably sometimes have other things to do, but better things?? doubtful ! :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back