GTC72 Full @ Nurburgring Sprint - Tuesday 2nd Feb 2010

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc72.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC72
Class: GTC72 (Post with definitions and links)
Track: Nurburgring Sprint
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 15 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race - Please specify which skin you will be using at sign up so we can keep a varied looking grid.
Note3: Check the tracking thread here to see which cars you are allowed to choose from. As this is race 1, all vehicles are available.
Note4: The GTC72 Carset contains some cars from the RDHGP, so those car skins can be used. Make sure you have the RDHGP skins installed if you are not in the League. Download link.

HI, I'm hoping to join you guys to have a fun race.....

I have a question about tyre choice with these GTC 72 cars...there appears to be about three different types/compounds, is there a certain one we should be using or can we choose any? Also which one is the best for racing...

Excuse my noobness

@ Sergiusz, no, I'm afraid not. Altbierbude are the hosts of that car and they require a registration to do so. If you don't want to register there, you will only be able to drive 7 of 8 possible races. I would however say that, after driving the Opel for a while, registering at the Bude is a price I'd easily pay, as it's such a great little car.

@ Graham - if the cars allow you to select multiple tyre compunds, then they are all permissable in races. As for what's the best, that kind of depends on you and how you drive - whether you like the car to slide about, or whether you prefer to drive it neatly with little or no slip. It really is a case of going for 10 laps with each tyre and looking at laptimes versus how comfortable you felt with each tyre type, and choosing from there.

Some tyres might be slightly faster on laps where you got it spot on, but you felt like you were "hanging on" and couldn't get the consistency, or others where you felt comfortable lap after lap, were within a couple of tenths whether it was spot on or not, but your fastest laps were slower than the edgier tyre. You ask 3 of us, you'll most likely get 3 different answers, so the only way to find out is to give them a thrash and pick waht works best for you.

Philip - just about to post your choices - 911 #852 - that's a default 911RSR isn't it?

We're only using the 911S mod cars in the 72 class events. Can you double check and post back in here with a new car choice for race 2, please?

Just as a side note, after this starter event, the GTC72 full field events will run on alternate Thursdays between the RDHGP League races. (Even though we only have one more Thursday RDHGP event after tomorrow.)

The other alternating Thursday (ie replacing the League events) will be TC65 events between the likeliest choice of cars for Season 5.

Tuesdays, once the League has finished, will be the usual various events - Single make events, Power Class, GTC65, Team events etc.

Thanks, I see the problem, I know its not a real beer, but I'll try the Coors Lite #44 Corvette instead. Unfortunately this may be moot, as I see from your last posting that I will not be able to make any of the races in February ( 11th and 25th ).

I should be OK for March, but I will withdraw completely if you prefer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back