GTC65 Muscle @ Magny-Cours (sprint/feature) - Tue 10th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
GTC65_m_s.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 Muscle Cars (Cobra, Corvette, Shelby Daytona, Shelby GT350, TVR)
Track: Magny-Cours National / GP
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: This is a 2 race event. Race 1 is a sprint race - no pitstops. Race 2 has 1 pit stop as mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note3: You must use the same car for both races. Again, as the National Circuit is approx 50% of the GP circuit, one setup will cover both races (except the fuel, naturally)

Good to hear you will be sticking around Piotrek:good:

Yeah, this game can be a pain. But it feels really good when you can finally go a whole race without slamming into a wall or spin out.

I'm still trying to achieve that myself:shame:

First race since July and I didn't have to practice the cars and track beforehand. That clearly showed in race 2, but it was good to be back on these events. Nice to see some new drivers, too.

Race 1 was actually very good. I like the qualification format, introduces a bit of randomness on the grid and that's interesting. I qualified round about the 6th slot and chased Sam for most of the race until in lap 12 or so, I made a few mistakes and my tyres were starting to wear off badly. My pace suddenly dropped massively and I just tried to bring the car home in one piece. 3rd in the end.

Race 2 was a bit of a disaster. For some reason, I never found a good pace on the full length track. I made lots of silly mistakes early in the race so decided to pit early. But I hadn't practised pit stops either, and pressed Enter too quickly ==> 4 tyres changed (I was planning to change 2 only) and no fuel added! So I had to stop again a couple of laps later.
The second part of the race was a bit more consistent but by then I was a lap down. Still the odd spin here and there though, especially in the last few laps as my tyres were shredded.

Next time I'll try and practice a bit before the event! Still, it was fun to be around and once again, I have to thank Stu for his dedication into organising these races.

Edit: Anyone knows why Firefox keeps adding a "1" at the end of all my posts???

Race 1 i started well and was really looking the part early on,then i had a spin...then another,and another,then one into a wall that knocked the Cobra out of shape,when i started being lapped and trying to re enter the track in such a write off car was the time i decided to retire in the name of road safety really....i didnt respect the Cobra and got bitten....
Sorry to some of those in close proximity to me when i started getting lary,you must have been thinking to yourselves at the time "zomg,that blokes an out of control spacker",thankfully due to luck more than anything else i didnt collect anyone along with me in my escapades :).

Race 2 and it was straight back to the slider bar setup drawing board and basically turned the setup on its head and instantly felt better in qually and got away a bit scruffy from the start but just enough to hold my 2nd position behind Sam,i was happily surprised to be able to keep right with him for the opening laps and then even got to start thinking of some passing,i did actually make a couple of passes but then quickly messed it up a bit and Sam would swish past in to the lead again,when Sam pitted i decided to stay out a couple of laps and really push then came in for 2 rear tyres only and came out the pits nicely clear in the lead,by the time i adjusted to this new weird feeling Cobra with its buggered front tyres and brand new rears the race was over.
Some wonderful close racing action with Sam :good:.

Many Thanks to Thommo & RD :good:.

Was excellent racing last night, it was so good to manage both races in these brutes, I wasn't expecting that!

Race 1 was fun, noway was I ever going to catch Leszek who was flying in the vette but Luc kept me real honest for most of early part of the race until he dropped away at about two thirds distance and I managed to bring it home in 2nd.

Race 2 was even more of a hoot with Gary tied to my tail with a bungie, gap was never more than 1.2 seconds and more often less than .5, with occasional leaps of faith through and past to the front, only for me to be able to use the elastic to ping myself back past, hehe, took my pitstop and changed all 4 tyres, was fueled to the finish from the start, because it was getting dodgy, came out of pitlane just infront of Leszek, but a dozen or so seconds behind Gary, and it didn't take Les. long to blast past, tried to hang onto his coattails, as it was obvious he was quicker, in the hope he could drag me back up tp Gary along with him, he was but not fast enough, and I followed them home to another podium, knackered but happy.

Thanks all for another great night.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back