Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer3.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Password: click here

Class: GTC65 - Lotus Elites
Track: Dijon-Prenois (GTL default track)
Weather: Dry (late afternoon / early evening races)

Practice: 19.30 GMT - 30 minutes
Qualification: 20.00 GMT - 20 minutes
Race 1 - Sprint: Dijon-Prenois Short - 16 laps
Race 2 - Feature: Dijon-Prenois GP - 16 laps

Skinpack: Click Here for SkinPack

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Additional Notice: You will need to know where your "lights" key is. This event is going to be an evening kick-off, so there may be crepuscular overtones to the track, meaning headlights will be required. Due to the server limitations the races start at the same indicated time as each other. I'm going for an 18.00 start for both races.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. David Cuthill
  5. Ben Tusting
  6. Andy Marsden
  7. Richard Kay
  8. Matt Crouch
  9. Bram Hengeveld
  10. Knut Omdal Tveito
  11. Sam J Simpson
  12. Dave Stephenson
  13. Steven Palmer
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Serguisz Radecki
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

Yeah, patched to 1.1, did the unlock thing, made a profile then could only join the tracks you start with from day 1. Forgot abou it really since only raced the addons last week.

edit: major fail. I'll reinstall it and try it all agin for next time.

• Matt Crouch

argh my whole computer froze up with 6 seconds of quali left. Had to reboot :(

First race was a good'en. Andy got past me near the start and I spent the first half of the race behind until I got a proper tow in down the straight and started to get ahead, with occasional intermissions from Bram and Ben :D. Couple of laps left and Rich really powered past. I thought I might be able to get past again on the final turn but he kept it ahead and ended just behind.
Not sure about how much difference the set up made in that race though as I seemed to be much slower in a lot of places - might just be my driving though :th_o:

Thanks for le evento :)

Whahaha what a great pair of races chaps! The oldies are so much fun to drive still. The Stu-Art skinpack made it really interesting tonight!

Race 1: had an awesome battle with Benny Benchmark for 16 laps nose-to-tail. Fantastic drive bud, seriously one of the best races i have ever been in!

Race 2: was great for exactly 2 laps untill i spun out and had esc before the Thomson-brigade would roll over my car, lol! Better luck next time!

Count me in for such single make series in the future, big fun and really close racing!

• Andy Marsden

Wotcha! Great, fun and most of all clean racing this evening chaps, great to race with you all :thumb:

Had a blast in the Guinness skin, hope I didn't look too drunk lol

Race 1: Qualified in the back few but managed to get myself up to 6th as others made errors. Had Croucher on my tail for a fair few laps but in the end couldn't hold him and he got by, dropped a place to Rich Kay as well to put me 8th. Stole 7th on the line as Bram decided to reverse to the finish!

Race 2: Qualied dead last but had a good start but was caught up with Knut and Rich as the swapped paint and stayed last. Made up a few postions at the hairpin as a few people fell off and held well until I threw it into T1 too hard and spun, shame as I had an early morning Warren on my tail which could have been fun. Lost two places to him and Knut and was left alone for the rest of the race and motored home for 8th.

For once I actually finished a GTL race (or two in this case) without being lapped, I must be getting better!

Thanks to Sam for a good setup which I modified for Race 2 which made it more pad friendly.

Good race tonight chaps and a decent turn out. Grats to the two winners and welcome to Knut who did well in his maiden RD GTL race :good:

Did I mention it was nice and clean tonight :D

Well, that was an evening :D

I knew once we all got out there in the Elites, there would be smiles about. They're such a stupidly fun car to chuck around :good:

Race 1 - quallied 5th, and stayed there for a couple of laps, then Bram & Ben did a gentlemen's excuse me and I went past them. They both seemed to think they'd hit the other but apparently not :dont-know: So I kept my foot down hoping to stay ahead of them and then on the last lap Sam in first missed his braking point, and went off, and David Cuthill ran out of fuel, leaving me about 6 corners for my maiden RD win. Skillz :good:

Race 2 - qauli was close - quallied 6th behind Bram - the times were 1:40.700 & 1:40.701 Bram's comment "I'm waaay faster than you dude" :D

The race progressed pretty much as the quali times were, until Bram had his argument with the armco. Had a really good time chasing down Rick Kay, until that downhill left hander claimed him and I sneaked past into 4th.

Stayed there for the rest of the race.

Some excellent racing all round - I think, again, it's safe to assume we will re-visit the Elites in the future :good:

Fun cars for sure.

Althought not too keen on this track I was faster than I expected and started race one in 4th. Watched the Ben + Bram battle ahead of me for a few laps until they both came off. Only had the lead for a short time until Sam got behind me then slowly pulled away lap by lap. Was comfortable in second and expecting the race to end on lap 13 Oh-no! only 15 laps of fuel in the car (I had it written down and didn't check the screen beforehand). I tried to make it around the last lap but spluttered out of fuel about half a lap from the end - bummer.

Race two, starting 3rd. Had Sam + Ben ahead but were a bit too fast to catch. A few close laps with Bram then pretty quiet for the rest. Finished in 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back