GTC65 & GTC76 @ Silverstone 88 - Thu 26th April

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default GTC65 + GTC76
Track: Silverstone 88 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (11 laps)

Note1: Race 1 - GTC65 / Race 2 - GTC76
Note2: Default Car & Skins Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Ross Garland
  2. Ian Strom
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Jacob Boonstra
  5. Jack Smith
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Hans Sneep
  20. Roland Warmenhoven

As much as I'd like to try some unfamiliar muscle around here, I won't know if I'll be home in time to join until last-minute as things at work are kinda crazy ATM:confused: ...
Should be home well in time for R2 though:)

Sign me up please, but I'm in the process of getting a new computer this week. The components have been ordered. May not have everything up and going by Thursday or I may still be on my old one? Time will tell.

Sorry guys but I just got home from a crazy day at work that started at GMT03:00 (which is 05:00 local time) and TBH I'm really tired so I'm gonna have to pass on tonight's races.. Hope you guys HF!

Well, there weren't many of us tonight but it was fun nonetheless. :)

Race 1 saw a nice mix of cars lining up on the grid. I fancied a challenge so picked the Cobra, a car I couldn't even keep on the track the last time I tried it back in January. To my surprise I did quite well so I've obviously learnt something in the GTL Club over the last few months! My main rival for this one was Jacob in his GT40. I thought he'd leave me in the dust but it was actually pretty close for the first few laps. Eventually a number of mistakes saw me drop back a bit but not completely out of touch. Towards the very end of the race disaster struck for Jacob and he spun off, allowing me into the lead. There weren't enough laps left for him to stage a comeback, so I won the race. Weeeee! :p

Race 2 (v1) saw less variety... 2 RSRs (of which I was one), 2 Capris and a Corvette. I believe 'complete disaster' best describes the start of the race! Jacob on pole got a false start. I was too busy watching him rather than the countdown, so when he moved I moved and also got a false start. Then as we all approached T3 we went into sheep mode... Jacob drove straight on and off the track, and so did almost everyone else! The only driver that actually drove around the corner was Ian in his Corvette. We all decided a restart was in order.

Race 2 (v2) was a random grid since we didn't repeat qualy. No false starts this time and no following each other into the gravel either! Jacob and Knut quickly moved ahead and for a while I thought I might be able to at least keep them in view. That idea went out the window though when in a moment of brain freeze I changed down into 2nd rather than 3rd and span off the track. I spent the rest of the race alone but enjoyed it anyway as the RSR was lovely to drive. Jacob got the win and I was promoted to 2nd as Knut had a game error in the closing stages.

Congrats to me and Jacob for the wins, and to the other podiums. (ie, just about everyone!) ;)

As Ross said, it would have been nice with a larger grid but I still had good fun around here.

Picked the Ferrari 275 for Race 1 as it was some time since I'd driven it. In the race I ended up in 3rd between Ian/Hans and Ross/Jacob. Overall a pretty quiet race but good fun in the Ferrari.

Race 2 in the 911. Had some great laps with Jacob in his Capri during the race. Was quite close during the first laps, but I had a couple of mistakes where I was sliding a bit and resulted in Jacob opening a gap of ~2s. For the rest of the race I pushed hard to try to reel him in. I got pretty close towards the last lap, but suddenly I got a freeze and race was over for me.

Congrats Ross and Jacob for the wins, and thanks to all that showed up.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 72 59.0%