Premium
flyergtc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL​
Class: GTC65 - AC Cobra 427/Ford GT40/Shelby Daytona/TVR 400​
Track: Rouen-Les-Essarts (download)​
Practice start time: GMT 20.00​
Qualification start time: GMT 20.05 (35 min, no lap limit)​
Race start time: GMT 20.40 (32 laps)​
Note1: This is a Multi Class Race. Class A = AC Cobra 427 & GT40 // Class B = Shelby Daytona & TVR 400.​
Note2: Please state what class (not necessarily vehicle) you will be driving in at sign up​
Note3: Default skins only​
Racing Rules & Server password: click here

This was a great event, quite different from our normal Club sprints, but certainly highly entertaining!
And I must admit the Shelby Daytona was so much better than I had expected; even on worn tires (my rears were at 10.8 and 12.something by the time I pitted) it kept behaving rather gentle and predictably:) . It really was 200% more driveable than I would have thought. And than I feared TBH as upon entering the server I noticed I was the only one - every other Class B driver opted for the TVR - Oops! did I miss something??:confused: - but after my mid-qualy run to the loo I saw Eck had joined me..

The race was great fun, but I ballsed up twice in the opening laps:oops: . Luckily I think I didn't hit or damage anyone other than myself, and even the Shelby seemed to have survived unharmed. After I got settled in and my common sense came back I had a great race, met quite a few people on track, had some fun battles with people in A Class cars as well, also scratched an occasional barrier here and there, but managed to complete the race without real problems. Only 'but' would be that in my 2nd last lap I got Neil on my tail, and despite my utmost driving efforts and saying prayers trying not to get lapped in this race, he showed no mercy on me and lapped me..in the 2nd last corner of his very last lap...making that my last lap as well :(

Grats to Neil, Warren and Dmytro and to all who made it through, thanks to all who participated and of course to Stuart for bringing us this one!:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%