GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 7 @ Hockenheim GP - Tue 16th July 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download when your name appears on the entry list after signing up
Track: Hockenheim GP 4.574 km Default track

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 16 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 16 laps )
  1. CLUB RACING RULES for GTL
  2. Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
  3. If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use #53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
  4. Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
  5. We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See HERE how to switch lobby
  6. We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
  7. If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE
How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

RD Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Hans Sneep #63
  3. Antonio Tavares #964
  4. Paul Bennett # 28
  5. Denis Betty #105
  6. Markus Hakamo #969
  7. Hiroshi Awazu #550
  8. Warren Schembri #23
  9. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  10. Jacob Boonstra #70
  11. Rene van Zijp #65
  12. Mark Birney #53
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Pleas do not enter the sever without the special car pack.
you first must sign up for the event then i give the link the the cars..

you have cause drivers games to crash:mad:

Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download when your name appears on the entry list after signing up

Good racing all! Congratulations Jacob and Mark for wins in R1 and R2 and thanks Rupe for this event!

Now that at least some of the very fastest guys were absent my "quite" consistent races were enough for twice P2. Jacob and Mark were both faster than me but in both races either of them run into problems.

Only two bad mistakes in this race: crashed in Q1 and got no time (however good start in R1 recovered that). Then in R2 I was 3..4 laps in lead when Mark and Jacob had an incident in T6 opening lap. Under the pressure from Mark I literally used "the whole track width and sometimes a bit more". Unfortunalty the place was wrong :p

Man! I had no FFB for the entire race, Alt+4 did not work for me this time around :O_o:. I didn't want to drop out so I stuck with it and did alight despite having no FFB. I had good race with Paul, chased him for more than half of the race, quite a few times I would get close to try to pass then I'd go off track :roflmao: then it was catch up time again. Around lap 10 of the race I went off track and hit the wall and damaged my steering, driving with no FFB with wheel off 45 degrees is not a easy task but i held on. Surprisingly I got ahead of Paul and just did my best to keep it together.

Good race everyone :thumbsup:

I had a lot of fun.
Improved my laptimes.
In the Second race Denis was chasing me for about 8 laps, coming closer every lap. In the final lap he passed me.
Thanks for the race and organisation.
I have to admit to being too keen to make the pass (I'd been chasing for a long time and it WAS the last lap) and I clipped you, knocking you off. Although I let you back past, I felt that it may have put you off. Sorry about that, it took the edge off an otherwise great race between us. This was only my second event so I'm still learning a lot. See you in two weeks for some more (hopefully clean on my part) racing. ;)

Good race last night:)
R1, Had a knock some were so steering was off for most of the race :rolleyes:
R2 , Me and Hiroshi had our own race at the back it was the battle of the hairpins, who had the best line :whistling: We both went off at the same point steering damage again, think it was one the best VW races this season I love the Hock :thumbsup:

Markus Hakamo nice car control :notworthy: have you been getting coaching from Jason Plato ?

The grid was small but fun and yes the faster guys didn't sign up, so I had a chance....
Qualified pole and the first laps were though with Mark behind me but after a few laps I made good consistent laps and built up my lead, close to the end I lost a bit of concentration and got of track and Markus passed me, but I was a bit quicker then him so I could overtake him and won:cool:
Race 2, messed up my qualie a bit and made 3e. Mark was on pole. Braked a bit too late for the hairpin and hit him in the back :redface: sorry for that Mark... It didn't matter I think, he had a good race for a couple of laps with Markus and won the race, well done Mark!
After my mistake with Mark I had to get back in race and came behind Rupe and we had a nice fun battle till the end of the race ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%